Friday, April 27, 2007

This week's theme for Photo Hunters is "Rare". Had a hard time coming up with something for this week. I don't really own anything rare... so, you get my kinda sick and twisted version. Can you say "CARNIVORE"??
Frozen Bacon...rare...
frozen fillet... rare...

Beef... it's what's for dinner... only been in the crock pot for 45 minutes... safe bet it's still rare...

Pork ribs...rare....

Pork ribs covered in homemade honey BBQ sauce... yummm... not cooked yet... still rare...

Well, there you have it. We love meat and it was all I could think of when it came to "rare". Of course, it isn't rare when we eat it. We're more of a "well done" kind of family (except hubby who likes his more of a medium...) Hope I didn't gross you out too bad... oh, and just so you know, I made the pork ribs a couple of nights ago and the roast is tonight's delish dish. We may be carnivores, but we aren't total gluttons! Enjoy!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could not think at first for this theme and was also going to go with rare meat.

Happy Weekend!

flip flop mama said...

How funny! I would not have thought about that. I thought rare as in not very common. I was really confused about the bacon at first! LOL

Anonymous said...

hi melissa: i am thinking "silence of the lambs" when i look at the chunks of meat. :)

how about rare, like you melissa are a rare find indeed? i am totally enjoying sharing blog and comments with you :)

hey, thanks for stopping by today. you definitely made me smile with all your yeah yeah etc over my daughter moment tender mercy post.

hey, come look at my post, i wrote about little ole YOU! :)

happy day to you girly :)

YTSL said...

Actually, the pork ribs look delicious! :b

wynne said...

eww. One of the things I hate most in this world is raw meat. All I know is that I sure am lucky I didn't live about 200 years ago--I'm sure it would be much, mcuh worse if I had to hunt and kill it. Rare, indeed!

(FYI--I've been reading your blog, and sorry I don't comment. I thought today was the day to let you know. Why not?)

Maddy said...

Photohunters? Would you care to expand for us newbies [or me at any rate]. Once a week photo theme ? - am I close?
Cheers

Melissa said...

Pat - ah, so I'm not the only one who thought of meat... good. That makes me feel better... :)

Jamie - I tried to think of something not very common too... but couldn't come up with anything... so I did this instead.

so grateful - "Silence of the Lambs" EWWW!! Nope - no people meat in this house! lol And thanks for your sweet compliment :)

ytsl - the ribs were AWESOME if I do say so myself ;)

Wynne- raw meat doesn't bother me too much... except for whole turkey's and chickens... when you have to clean the stuff out of the middle... okay... gotta stop before I make myself sick... :S

mcewen - Photo Hunters has a theme each week. There is a button in my sidebar that will lead you to the main site and you can get the information there. The gal who runs the site is having some medical problems... but it's tnchick.com - I think... lol... like I said, you can check out link using the button in the sidebar :)

Unknown said...

What fabulous photos! Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

hi melissa: you are so welcome! anytime for you. just calling it like i see it.

tootles, kathleen :)

Andree said...

How cool! I never thought of "rare meat"! Very unique!