Thursday, April 19, 2007

If You Take a Girl to Costco
If you take a girl to Costco, she will prepare by putting on her most comfortable clothing and a good pair of running shoes. Also, as part of the preparation, she will skip breakfast. When you get there, she will ask you to find a flat bed truck to drive through the warehouse. She will go down each and every isle so she doesn't miss a thing. She will insist on stopping at every tasting table because she is hungry. She may even go back for seconds or thirds, as long as the lady in the hair net doesn't recognize her. She might buy a couple of gallons of milk, a video or two, a flat screen t.v. or even a Cadillac golf cart. When it's time to check out, she'll ask you for your Costco card. You'll find that it has expired. She will offer to pay for part of your membership fee (because she's good like that). Once everything is paid for she will find herself completely exhausted. She will ask if you'd like a HUMONGOUS ice cream bar dipped in chocolate or perhaps a churro and a fruit smoothie. After eating a snack you'll drive the flat bed truck out to your vehicle and spend the next 2 hours arranging and rearranging your purchases to get it all in. When you get home, the girl will ask where the super mondo mega pack of toilet paper is. You look and find it is not there. And chances are, if you have forgotten the t.p., you will have to take the girl back to Costco.
;)

6 comments:

eve said...

I have so many horror stories about bad luck and me at Costco I'm scared to go back! Yet I crave it, oddly enough.

flip flop mama said...

I love costco, but inevitably there is something I will forget. Rachel likes it too. I bribe her and tell her she will get 'treats' from the nice ladies there. Works every time! LOL

Anonymous said...

hi melissa: you made me smile. i especially liked how you said ... "super mondo mega pack of toilet paper." costco is just like this in my town, too. i love going up and down ALL the aisles (except for the food) -- i just want to look at all the neat different stuff.

peace :)

wynne said...

aaahhh...I love Costco. My boy likes it too. (His favorite thing is to sit on each piece of furniture, lie down on it, pretend to take a nap, and then run to the next one.)

Very hard not to get carried away, however. (Once I actually managed to come out with nothing but *milk* and the cashier did a double-take. Really? Are you sure that's all you have? Where is your cart?)

Jessica said...

HI! I found your blog from my SIL, (4bsinapod), anyway Loved this post! Just went to costco last night and ended up with TWO cart fulls! HEHEHE! Hope you don't mind my comment, I really like your blog!

Heather said...

So funny! I <3 Costco churros!!