Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Idaho Trip: Part II
For some reason, we can't come up here without someone getting horribly sick. It's humanly impossible. Last time Baby Girl had a urinary tract infection. Fun. The time before that, I got strep throat. Goody. Little Bug used to get ear infections almost every time we would visit. Yeah. This time, it's Baby Girl who's sick, again. Aside from the vomiting, fever, diarrhea, aches, and general miserableness, she's great. Every few hours she gets a little Motrin and as soon as it kicks in, she starts talking. And she doesn't stop till the fever comes back 4-6 hours later. It's like she has to make up for lost time or something. So, my master plan isn't working out so well. We aren't going to be able to visit everyone like I had hoped. We are getting less sleep than we would have at home. And it's too cold for the other two kids to go outside. :( I don't know what I was thinking. I know that March/April is not a great time in Idaho. It snowed the other day, but it didn't stick. Which kinda disappointed the kids who were hoping to play in it for awhile. You think I'd know better. Perhaps I'm a glutton for punishment. We have yet to have a sick free spring time trip to Idaho.
But, behind all this craziness, there are a few things to be grateful for. This trip has given me a greater appreciation for my family. My Mom got up with Baby Girl last night and cleaned up the mess that was made. She has bought Popsicles and other foods to keep my kiddos happy. She plays games, watches silly cartoons and helps me out in so many ways. My brothers love my kids - they play and tease and chase and in general have a ball with my kids. The kiddos look forward to seeing their uncles so much! My Dad comes home from crazy work and finds time and energy to still be with the kids. He loves it and they look forward to that time all day long. My sister and her daughter come to play every day when they can - unfortunately, they have this same flu this time. So, we haven't seen much of them. Hubby's family is awesome. They take time to come and see us. They clear schedules so that kids can come play. They are so supportive and we enjoy visiting them so much! So, while this may not have been the best trip ever, I think we have still had a good time. And even though it will be nice to get back to our own home, I will bawl like a baby when we leave. And then look forward to our next trip. Hopefully it won't be too far off. Oh, and I had some awesome pictures to share, but my parents' computer has a pretty strict pop up blocker... it won't bring up the page to add photos... so, you'll just have to wait till we get home... or till my brother gets here. He's pretty good with figuring this stuff out :)
Till next time Bloggin Buddies

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see the pictures! And believe me, I know what it is like to ALWAYS get sick when we travel. Whenever we go home to Canada, that place is like a hotbed of infection. Could be that we have 10 people crammed into the house. ;-)

Melissa said...

Amber - we can't help but get sick. I think our bodies are just not prepared for these Idaho viruses :)