Sunday, April 08, 2007

Calendar
When hubby and I got married a little over 9 years ago, a friend gave us a magnetic calendar. You just write on it with a water based marker and then you can erase it and use it again and again. At first, I didn't think I would use it. Now, it is my brain. It is covered in phone numbers, important dates and notes. One time we had a water fight in the kitchen. The next day I noticed that the time of a doctor appointment was completely gone and the phone number had dribbled all down the fridge... along with phone numbers for both the boys schools and the bus. :S But this calendar is a source of delight for me too. Weird, I know. It has spaces for 5 weeks. So, after 4 weeks have passed, I wipe all the old stuff off and put the new stuff up. I love it when something that I have been looking forward to is finally on the calendar. Today, I got to put my Oregon trip up. You have no idea how happy that made me! :) But, I do have a dilemma that I need your help with. I have not told Red that I am going to Oregon. He misses his friends there terribly and I know he will be VERY upset when he finds out that I'm going and he isn't. He asks me all the time if we will ever go to Oregon again. So, Bloggin Buddies, I need your help... how would you break the news? Ideas? Thoughts? One good thing... hubby's parents are coming down to help with the kids while I'm gone. I think I'll tell him about that first... any suggestions? :S

3 comments:

eve said...

What a cunundrun! The only thing that popped into my mind is to tell him that there will be other trips for him to go on...and that this one is special mommy time and it will be boring for him. He probably won't buy that. It's hard moving the kids. My little boy tells me he's "seen enough of Washington." Basically he's ready to go back to Cali.

Melissa said...

It is hard to move the kiddos... and it gets harder as they get older. :S I'm going to talk to him tonight... I'll let ya know how that goes... sigh...

flip flop mama said...

Good luck! I have absolutely no experience with that type of thing. My dd is only 2 thankfully!! Let us know how he takes the news.