Thursday, April 05, 2007

The Flu
Gotta love the flu. The doctor told us that there is a strange virus going around that seems to affect children more than adults. It's mostly manifest in fevers, lasts about 6 days, and there isn't a darn thing they can do about it. So, we are just dealing with the miserable fevers and hoping she will be well by Saturday. We were supposed to head home tomorrow, but that isn't going to happen. SIGH SIGH SIGH. Oh, and I think I've gained 50 lbs here. My Mom always has ice cream, brownies, cookies, and other fun treats. I just don't have the will power when I'm here! :)
(p.s. Is it weird to feel a little flutter of delight when the spell check comes up as "no misspellings found"?)

2 comments:

eve said...

OKay, the flu? The very scary flu. 6 Days? Aww, the poor little darling. Good luck mom!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Great way to show STEPS!! I would not think of that. I just take my camera and go out someplace and looke for STEPS!! I do this every week. I treat this whole thing like a REAL SCAVENGER HUNT!! I hunt for the word all week. My neighbor loves helping me. Makes it fun..Sandy