Friday, March 30, 2007

Idaho
Beautiful scenery, vast wilderness, awesome lakes and rivers - this is how you could describe Idaho. Unless you are there in March/April. Then the descriptive words would be more like: frigid arctic winds, massive mud holes, occasional snow and freezing temperatures. After hearing that description, some of you may question my motive for heading in that general direction tomorrow. Yes, I'm leaving my balmy 80 degree temps, palm trees and blue skies to head to the cloudy, windy, cold state of Idaho. Go ahead. Say it. "CRAZY!!" But really, there is a method to my madness. You see, next week is spring break and unfortunately, hubby is looking at lots of meetings, long days and no time off to go do anything fun. Which means I will be here pretty much on my own with the kids. Which isn't a big deal, but I'd rather have a little help. Enter my master plan. Most of our family lives in Idaho. In fact, within a 2 hour radius, you will find all of our immediate family - hubby's and mine. They are all there. So, I will have two days that will be painful - the 14 hour drive there and the 14 hour drive back (ouch). But then, I will have 5 days of grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles and friends a plenty to help entertain the rug rats. Sounds like a fairly decent trade to me. Of course, the tricky part is surviving the drive there. I'll check in a few times next week to let you know if the plan is working or not. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, 14 hours in the car...good luck with that! :) I hope you have lots of fun with the fam!

eve said...

I plan on making the drive down to Southern Cali in August. 17 1/2 hours if you don't stop ever.
I'm staying a month to make it worth it.
It's really enough to drive a person INSANE!
Thanks for your funny comments on my blog. No pressure or anything, but they always make me LAUGH! :)

Unknown said...

I lived there for TWO LONG YEARS for Junior College. Makes me shudder just remembering those winters....