Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Noisy Night
I am exhausted today. My neighbors like to throw parties. Which is fine, except they are loud. And they don't get done till after midnight most of the time. And they throw them way too often. Last night was one of those parties. Who has a party on a Tuesday night?? I can totally see the Friday/Saturday thing, but don't these people have to function the next day for family or work or something?? ANYWAY, not sure what time they ended - I fell asleep around midnight to the sounds of their lovely laughter :P
The other noise last night kind of freaked me out because I couldn't figure out what it was. It was almost midnight and the party was still going, so at first, I thought it had to do with the party. But it sounded like someone was rattling something in the back yard. It sounded familiar, but I couldn't place it. I finally figured it out... it was raining! Since we have moved to the California Desert it has rained 2 times that I am aware of. And each time it lasted for less than 5 minutes and was really more of a sprinkling, rather than a really good rainfall. Last night, it really rained. The sound was wonderful. It took me back to Oregon, a place I still really miss and after the rain had stopped I thought.... "You are psychotic! Go to sleep already!" :)

No comments: