Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Kailani over at An Island Life is having a photo contest of what inspires you. I looked at a few photos and decided this just had to be the one...
This is a picture of my kids... the fog had just rolled in. Each of them teaches me something new each day. This day, on the beach, my oldest, Red, the one furthest out in the water, taught me to run right in and have a ball. Head out as far as you can and see what might come. My middle child, Little Bug, taught me that sometimes you're gonna get knocked over and if you aren't careful, you can get pulled into some scary situations. But, that you should get back up and try again. Baby girl taught me that at times, it's okay to be cautious. Sometimes, you aren't big enough to tackle something on your own. And it's okay to hold back and wait for a hand to hold. I love this picture. It makes me marvel at my kids each time I look at it. Okay... we were only supposed to give a short reason why the picture inspires you, but you know me... I'm a talker. Sorry! Head on over to An Island Life and enter the contest and vote for your favorite. It should be fun!

9 comments:

Shirlee said...

Hi Melissa! My life has turned completely unside down recently but I just wanted to pop in and say "HI". I'm stealing some "me" time and catching up on blogs, I've missed so much!
I'm seeing so many bloggers changing their comments to say something else. I so want to do this...any pointers? Yours cracks me up. :)

Phae-Jae said...

Beautiful capture! Children do teach us and help us grow.

Wendy said...

Love your picture congrats on winning the bag from Ribbon's blog contest. Stop by if you get a chance and enjoy the party.

Anonymous said...

That is a great photo. It's so hard to catch all three of them in the perfect environment. I love the way you described each one.

Thank you for entering the contest and good luck!

Melissa said...

Shirlee - I wish I could tell you how I changed mine... I went to my dashboard and just played around with things till I found that... then I changed it... or do you know how to change it and you're looking for something funny to put there? :)
PJ - I'm glad you like the picture - it's almost impossible to get all three of my kids in one shot
Wendy - thank you! And I think I will stop by your party :)
Kailani - I entered the contest and then read some of the other things... lol... I will not be voting for myself :)

Anonymous said...

I totally agree...This picture is very inspiring, even more so with your thoughts on it...Beautiful.

Have a wonderful day.

Mary said...

Beautiful picture! :D

Holly Schwendiman said...

Love the fog and the point made of individual inspiration and learning from each of your kiddos. So true!

Hugs,
Holly
Holly's Corner

Bookmom said...

Just popping in for the party. That is a GORGEOUS picture; I'd blow it up and frame it!

Please come visit me at womanwithmanyhats.com (not my Blogger account), where I have fun exploding bubbles! Look for my Party post!