Thursday, March 15, 2007

Ouch
Remind me... why do I want to be healthy? Healthy hurts. My muscles ache from Pilates. My shins are killing me from running. Who decided this was a good idea? Because we're all gonna die anyway, right? I remember my Mom telling me she'd rather die with an Oreo in her mouth. I think she was kidding, but I am starting to see the wisdom in this sentiment. I am quite pleased with myself today. Even though I could barely walk, I got up and ran this morning. And of course, this is the day that Baby Girl decided to see how fast she could go. Yesterday it took us 25 minutes to make the loop. Today it was just under 20. I think she's trying to kill me...
I am hoping to try and find some of the local pools. I really enjoy water aerobics and I would love to start swimming laps. And it's hot enough to do it too. It's supposed to be 96 tomorrow. 96... in MARCH!! SO WEIRD!! I grew up in Idaho. I have a very vivid memory of snow on the 4th of July one year. It just doesn't feel like March down here.
I did find something that I love about Southern California today. Jasmine. If you've never smelled it, you are missing out. It is in bloom right now and it permeates the air. And even though I know I will be in pain again tomorrow, I can't wait to run past the Jasmine. At least I have one thing to look forward to!

2 comments:

eve said...

I love the quote from your mom! I couldn't agree more. In my family are motto is "Eat what you want, just work out more." So we do. And we're all very active to keep up with our appetites. I enjoy the pain of well worked muscles.

Anonymous said...

Wow. 96 degree in March? That is pure crazy. I thought it was hot here when it reached 70 or so yesterday! I hope you survive the hot summer ahead :)

And also, I think your mom's quote is the best ever!! Yum, oreos.