Friday, March 02, 2007

The Party
Okay... so I've been checking out some of the other party blogs (if you don't know what I'm talking about, click here) and so many of these awesome people have been much better party hosts than I have been... sharing recipes, giving a little info about themselves... man, I'm a pretty cruddy hostess! So, let me try this again!
Welcome to the party! My name is Melissa and I'm a stay at home mom to three crazy kids : Red age 8, Little Bug age 6, and Baby Girl age 3. Now, before any of you think that I'm completely psychotic, those are not my children's real names. I am paranoid and so I try not to use their real names on the Internet. :) I've been married for 9 years to an amazing man who takes care of me and who is so sweet to me even after he's had to eat chicken nuggets or fish sticks for two weeks because I've been sick! Thanks sweetie! We have moved 12 times in the last 9 years. Our last move brought us to the desert in Southern California. Call me crazy, but I'm having a hard time down here! I miss the seasons... we moved here in September... at the beginning of the "hot season"... now we are in the "warm season" moving back into the "other hot season" which will be followed by "don't go outside unless you want to boil your brains". Should be fun. So, come on in. Ignore the mess and the children cackling over their latest escapades - relax and enjoy the California sunshine before it gets too hot!

15 comments:

nic said...

You are making me laugh! I grew up in Hawaii, so I get the barely-change-of-seasons-thing, but still, there's a lot to say about sunshine and sand! :) Right now I am freeeezing my lil tush off...so your place sounds heavenly.

And hey, I think I can hear that cackling all the way over here...oh no wait, that's *my* kids. ;)

Megan/Brassy Apple said...

Hello! Just popping by for the blog party! thanks for stopping by mine!

I love the change of seasons too! that is something I would definately miss as well!

Karen said...

Oh, my - 12 moves in 9 years?! You've got to have a great attitude and flexibility! We're in Tennessee and I must say that the four seasons are one of the best things about our area - I would miss it terribly if we moved.

Delete said...

Hi Melissa-

I just realized that maybe people think I'm crazy too! I use aliases as well. My DH is Hubbins, my 4 year old Little Peanut and my 6 year old Lady Bug. I have never explained that they are aliases. Do you think people think I'm like some aging, weird hippie?

Have a great time at the party!

Jennifer

Terri | Sugar Free Glow said...

Nice to meet you! I love that Wordless Wind Day photo!

I can't imagine moving that often--wow! My parents have a second home in Palm Desert. I was there once on July 4th and I have never felt heat like that before in my life.

Susan said...

Oh my goodness...12 moves in 9 years??? That's a lot!! And I thought our early marriage was a lot of moving...

My party's up too. Congrats on your little family. Hope you'll stop by and meet mine. I don't use their names either.

Blessings.

:-) Susan

Unknown said...

OH how I miss CA (I grew up there)! I'm stuck in Ohio and it's the middle of winter here. I miss the sun!!!! Send some my way......

PT-LawMom said...

Great blog! You asked about the party hats - I am soooo not creative (and who has time?!?) They are just an image I downloaded from the web to share as my party contribution. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Melissa -- nice to meet you and your family. Living in Arizona for the past 16 years, I totally know what you are talking about...We have two seasons here -- hot & hotter :lol:...Thank you for inviting me over to your cool place in California...

Have a wonderful week.

My Trendy Tykes said...

Just riding the party train over to your blog!

Nice to meet ya.....Have fun!

Linda

An Ordinary Mom said...

You are a much better hostess than you are giving yourself credit for.

I can't believe you have moved so many times. Moving is not my thing.

Thanks for inviting us in. I a excited to peruse your blog.

Cloves said...

I've lived in that part of CA. OK, maybe not your part since I don't know where that is. But mine was the always hot area in the high desert. Good times.

Just stopping by for the blog party.

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa nice to meet you

skatey katie said...

woohoo
you sound like my kinda gal:
crazeeeeee :o)
i love the sunshine X

Brandie said...

Hello! I'm here for the party!
Boy that don't go outside unless you want to boil your brains sure sounds like fun.
We are all excited because it hit 50 degrees today! Woo-hoo!!