Saturday, March 03, 2007

The Adventure

I know that a lot of people are leaving their Ultimate Blog Party invites as their first post for the week. I've decided not to do this. Why, you may ask? Partly because I just want to keep on blogging in my crazy way... but mostly, I made this decision on the fact that I have no idea how to keep the original post at the top of my blog! So, now you know that I'm computer illiterate. On to the adventure!

Today hubby said that he wanted to go for a drive. He and I have very different ideas about "going for a drive". He wants to wander aimlessly. Take unknown roads and see where it leads us. Me? I want to get online, read what others have done and then follow the well known path. I know, I know... "Two roads diverged in a yellow wood...blah blah blah.... whatever whatever... and Melissa took the path that everyone else was taking". I know that I'm not daring. I would rather wander with a purpose. Which, I guess, really isn't wandering. I like to know that there is something wonderful at the end. If I'm going to lock myself in the car with three kids and drive for hours and hours, then I want a reward. And I want it to be a darn good one! I want to end up in a location so spectacular that my children will say "Three cheers for Mom! This was the best day ever!" So far, that hasn't happened when I've planned everything out. But today, I let hubby have his way. He looked at a map and got a general idea of where we were going and then off we went. Turning this way and that. We went past some amazing vineyards for table grapes. Drove past the stinky, yet pretty from a distance, Salton Sea. We wandered around a "mall" in a town of about 2,000 people. Their version of a mall was much different from mine, but it was still nice to look around a bit. We drove through an area with sand dunes... we think it might have been Heber Dunes, but we aren't sure. Then we went up over the mountains. Amazing views (see above picture) and really pretty flora (I always want to say Flora, Fauna and Merryweather - the fairies from Sleeping Beauty) ANYWAY... we stopped and bought some peanuts from a roadside stand and then ended up in Temecula. Hubby decided that I had been a good sport so he took me to my favorite restaurant, Johnny Carino's, and then let me go into JoAnn Fabric ALONE!! I love that man! We listened to the Chronicles of Narnia as we drove. When we pulled into town and Red said, "This was the best day ever!" So, I guess everyone got what they wanted. He got to wander, the kids had a great time and I got my reward! Who says you can't have it all?

10 comments:

Lee said...

Somedays the random drives are the best. A chance to discover some unknown beauties.

Anonymous said...

Saying hello from the party!

I have to say I like your husband's way of exploring the best. If only I could get my husband to take a drive.

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Wonderful day!!! Thanks for stopping by my party & I’m glad to join in on yours, too.

Please be sure to check out a fun Bump! Photo Tag going on tomorrow! I’ll have a linky up … hope you’d like to play along and post your favorite pregnant belly pic!

Steph

Monkey Giggles said...

Swinging in for the Ultimate blog party. Nice to meet ya.

PARTY ON!!!

My first party favor giveaway has begun. Come over when ya get a chance.

Unknown said...

Stopped here via the party . . .

What a great day! I have three kids as well, and too often I hear, "This is the worst day ever!" I think I would faint if everyone ended up happy at the same time. LOL! So nice to meet you!

flip flop mama said...

Sounds fun! So glad everyone got what they wanted! Before we had a kid, DH and I used to just drive and end up wherever we ended up. I loved that. Today we took a round about way to my mom's house for dinner so that was fun. That's about as adventurous as we get lately. :)

Anonymous said...

Although I have a 'plugin' on my WP blog, it is no longer working to keep posts on top of my blog...So, mine Party Post is dropping too...

I just love it when my hubby tells me to hop in the truck and we go for a ride. I always take my camera with me so I have pictures to post on my blog. I don't care where he takes as long as I can bring pictures home and we stop at a Dairy Queen ...

tracy m said...

Hey! You've got redheads too! I love roadtrips. Good luck with the blockparty thing- did I miss the boat on signing up?

Phara said...

Hilarious posts. And I'm glad to see I'm not the only computer illiterate one out there.

Crystal said...

I don't know how to make my a sticky either :o)

Thanks for entering the jewelry contest on my blog... the 2nd one has been posted. The winners for both should be announced next week! :)