Friday, March 02, 2007

Seussentenial

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss! In honor of the AWESOME Dr. Seuss, I will compose today's blog in the "Green Eggs and Ham" format. Thank you.

I am Mel
Mel I am
I kinda like green eggs and ham
But I do not like that Malta Drink
It puts out quite a stink!
It looks good, you might think
Stand Back! I say - dump it in the sink!
What does it taste like, you may say
Kinda like soy sauce on a really bad day.
The kiddos are making me real crazy
Will I ever have a chance to just be lazy?
Red wants to play on a football team
The thought of that makes me scream.
Little Bug is talking more
I'm sure that he's got more in store.
Baby girl is my bossy one
But she's sure lovin' the California sun.
DH is the one who brought home the Malta
This horrid after-taste is all his fault-a (STRETCH)
Me? I'm tired. I'd rather be in bed.
Sigh, I guess I'll scrub the floors instead.
Okay... so I'm no Dr. Seuss, but that was kinda fun! :) Yes, the Malta tastes like a weird soy sauce. Sorry to ya'll who might like it. But it's not for me. Now, I am off to sign up Red for Flag Football and to get my house cleaned up. It never ends... maybe I'll make a cake for Dr. Seuss. And then eat it all. That might cheer me up ;)

1 comment:

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

What a hoot! We love Dr. Suess at my house...Stopping by from the Blog Party!