Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Running
Since I'm going to Portland in a little less than 2 months, I've decided that I need to loose a little weight and get a tan. Why do I need to do these things, you may ask? Well, because I've gained 10 lbs since we moved down here. And I've noticed that I am always tired. Getting in shape will be a good thing. But mostly I want to look the same as I did before we moved. I know. I'm pathetic and vain. But whatever. The tan? Well, that will just be fun! Anyway, this morning I took Baby Girl to the park. We don't live too far, so I put her on her bike and I jogged beside her. Discovery of the day: I AM OUT OF SHAPE!! We didn't get 50 yards from our home and I was panting and wishing that she would SLOW DOWN! Man! 3 year old legs can move fast. When we got to the park I got a little bit of a break because it's mostly uphill. WHEW. I was about to fall over and we hadn't even gone 1/2 a mile. Got to the park and I rested while Baby Girl played on the slides and swings. Then it was time to head home. Now, if going to the park is uphill, going home is down... my legs were throbbing by the time we got home and Baby Girl just laughed as she left me in her dust along the park walk way. I don't think I ran for even 15 minutes today. But I ache. I am out of shape. This is going to be A LOT harder than I thought. Wish me luck. Oh, and if you see a crumpled shape on the ground, and a three year old speeding off on her bike, cackling as she goes, please call an ambulance. Thanks.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hills will tire anyone out. Good for you for getting some exercise! It will get easier as time goes on...and now, I'm off to do some of my own exercising. Thanks for the motivation :)

Lee said...

Good luck! You can totally do this!! Just don't give up.

Melissa said...

Thanks for the encouragement! I need it! I tend to get discouraged easily! If I had just kept up my last exercise routine, this wouldn't be a problem. Live and learn, right? Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

So you gained a few pounds, so what! We're gonna love you anyway! Can't wait to see you. And keep up the hard work--not for us, but for your own health. Love, Jodi

Susan said...

Oh I know it's hard...I need to do the same thing. I agree with the other posters...PRESS ON!!

:-) Susan

Melissa said...

Jodi - I didn't know you blessed my blog with your presence! :D Comment more often! I am excited to see you too! I'm a freak though - I'm already sad about having to come home.
Susan - thanks so much! I'm gonna do it again tomorrow. We'll see how it goes!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! And you don't have to go home, ya know. We still have an extra bedroom you could move into....Jodi