Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Elephant Boy
Little Bug loves elephants. It is one of his new words and adores saying it and hearing others say it. When you walk through my house you can see signs of his new love everywhere... by the piano in the Lion King books ...

(the elephants are hard to see in this second picture... they are kind of blurry in the actual book and my camera didn't help any...)


...we find elephants in the bathroom on the shower curtain that he loves so much...

... in Baby Girl's room we find two books open to pages with elephants ...

...in Little Bugs room we find two toy elephants and a book on his bed called "But No Elephants". He loves this book and will say it with me as we read it.



It's so fun to watch him smile and giggle when we say "elephant" and then make a trumpeting noise. There are more elephants around the house, but they are hidden at this time. You see, Baby Girl loves nothing more than to hear her brother scream. And the best way to do that right now, is to take one of his precious elephants. So, he hides them. Smart kid. Maybe I need to start doing that with some of my things....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

How sweet! Just today Haddie and I are trudging around our house blowing our trunks...

Melissa said...

We do that quite often here too! It's a fun thing for us :)

Anonymous said...

There's something about elephants that kids love. I know my older daughter went through an elephant phase.

Melissa said...

kailani - I think you're right - kids seem to love elephants! I know I did as a kid :)

Anonymous said...

You'll be pleased to know that But No Elephants, an original Parents Magazine Press book, is now being reprinted by CQ Products in Waverly, Iowa, along with other favorites! You'll find it www.cqproducts.com.