Sunday, March 11, 2007

Man of the Year
My hubby loves me. I've always known this. He has always shown me love in wonderful ways - doing the dishes, letting me sleep in, making a meal, folding the laundry etc. But yesterday he really blew me away! Many of you know that we moved to Southern California from Eastern Oregon in September. It was a hard move. I had made some friends in Oregon that are like family. It was so hard to leave and I have been "home sick" for the people for the last six months. About a week ago I learned that a group of friends was going to go to Portland for a Conference for LDS women, but anyone can attend. I wanted to go. So I started checking airline tickets. They were too much. It made me sad. I wanted to go so badly and be with these women. And a few days from home wouldn't hurt either :) Yesterday my awesome husband brought me into the computer and told me "Pick your seat". On the screen was a seating chart of an airplane. The one that will fly me to Seattle. Then the one that will fly me to Pasco, WA where my friends will pick me up. I will spend a few days in Hermiston, OR with friends who feel more like family and a few days in Portland at a conference which I know will leave me feeling rejuvenated and ready for life back here. I've cried several times yesterday and today. I'm so overwhelmed by his love and generosity for me. I am so blessed to have this man in my life.

3 comments:

eve said...

I can SO relate. I went to Oregon with my family friend. It was just what I needed! Slowly but surely I'm making friends here. It just takes longer to make friends when we're older. (Unless they're bloggers!) Have so much fun! I want to read about it when you get back. Say Hi to my Grandparents when you get to Pasco!

Anonymous said...

Yay for good husbands! I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time with your friends and the Time Out for Women Conferences are always awesome.

Tam said...

Can't wait!!!! Is it here yet?