Thursday, June 21, 2007

Inconceivable
Do you remember the guy in the "Princess Bride" who said that everything was inconceivable? Every time something went wrong you could hear him say the word. Well, today was a day of things going wrong over and over and now... for the icing on the cake. Murphy's law is in full effect tonight. Some of you will remember that we lost our A/C back in May. It was only in the 90's in May and cooling down into the 70's during the night. Today it was 114 and is supposed to cool down to 90. And guess what? The A/C went out again. We can't reach the land lord. We have company coming next week! Sigh... honestly, I'm in tears. Hot, miserable, sticky tears. I'm afraid that the landlord will be on vacation or something. You know, just to make Murphy's law complete. There were so many things that made today a bad day, but I think tomorrow will be worse. I don't mind the heat... but 114 is a little much... even for me. Inconceivable.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

You poor thing!!! I can't live without A/C! Hey if you want to take a drive to Washington ours is always on!! One of my friends always has to have a coat on while she is here cause we keep it so cold! Just keep thinking cool thoughts and if that fails stick your head in the freezer!!!

Tristi Pinkston said...

Holy cow -- that's too hot to even be bearable. Go live in a nice cool hotel for a while and make your landlord pay for it. :)

Heather said...

I do not think that means what you think it means.

Good luck with the A/C problem... and the 114. I'd stay at a pool all day long.

Melissa said...

Jessica - don't tempt me! I would come and hang out by your pond and never want to leave!

Tristi - welcome to the blog! I think we will stay in a hotel tonight. Trying to talk DH into the Disneyland resort... but that may be pushing my luck just a tad...

Heather - I think I'd rather fight my way through the fire swamp than live in this house right now! I would love to live at the pool all day, but my two kiddos are too hard to manage alone. Little Bug thinks he's a lot taller than he is and Baby Girl just likes to wander :S