Friday, June 01, 2007

I feel the earth move under my feet...
I love the sun. I love the palm trees. I love that we can go to the beach for the day and be home that night. I love that we live in a fairly good neighborhood :) I love that my kids go to good schools. I love the mountains in my back yard. I love that Hubby brings home grapes, oranges, bell peppers, and strawberries from work. I love where we are right now.
BUT....
I hate earthquakes. Every time we get one of these little tremors I lose my mind. We haven't had anything big. Tonight there was a 4.2. Just enough to get my heart moving a little faster and move my paranoia up a notch (or 10). It's not a fun feeling. And I don't think I'll ever get used to it. It fascinates Hubby. He is amazed by the movement and the sounds. Me? I just freak out. There are lots of things that I love about California, but this isn't one of them!

2 comments:

flip flop mama said...

Really?? We didn't feel it down here. I do love earthquakes too. As long as their not too big, I like riding them out.

Melissa said...

Jamie - maybe someday I'll get used to it.. just not today ;)