Thursday, June 14, 2007

Have You Ever...
known someone on drugs? Have you ever watched them kind of disappear? I have. It's scary and so sad and you feel so helpless. You wait and watch and hope that they will clean up, but you don't dare confront them because they are in a very frightening place and you're never quite sure what to do. I have a nephew that was in this place. I don't know all the details of what he did or didn't do. I don't want to know. All I know is that he was a mess. And then he got help. And now, well, now you wouldn't even recognize him. He is on a mission for our church and he is amazing! But back in the day I wish I would have maybe stepped up my game a little. Helped him find some kind of drug treatment, but I wasn't sure how to help. I hope to never be confronted with a loved one with this problem again. But, if I am, I hope I will be braver and step up sooner. This story had a happy ending, but it could have been so different. So very different.

No comments: