Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Happiness in a Box
Isn't it funny the things that bring us joy? The smallest things can make you smile. Most often I'm smiling at my kids - usually because they are doing something really fun or totally insane. I TRY to laugh either way. But my joy today comes from a totally inanimate object. I get giddy just looking at it. The smile on my face is ridiculous. And yet, I'm totally and completely in love with my most recent Costco purchase. Why does it give me such a thrill? Maybe because it only cost me $6. Or maybe because I love the colors. Or maybe because it stands about 6' high. Curious?
Who knew that nesting boxes could make you feel so exhilarated? Even Baby Girl is shocked by the joy they bring!

6 comments:

Heather said...

6 dollars?? That is a great deal. And they match your blog fabulously!

Melissa said...

You're right! They do match the blog! No wonder I loved them so much! lol :) I am half tempted to go back and get another set or two... don't know what I'll do with them. I just love them. lol

Justine said...

Those are so completely adorable!!! Where inside the store were they! I hope my Costco has them. Hope you don't mind if I steal the idea from you. They're just too darling.

Melissa said...

Justine - do it! They are so cute! Let's see... they were with the scrapbook and paper stuff. If you can't find some, let me know and I can get a set and mail them if you'd like :)

Anonymous said...

hi melissa: they are so cute. i am reminded of a dr. suess book! :)

thank you for the sweet email today. you are so kind to me.

~love ya girl, kathleen :)

Kat said...

LOL I always loved boxes as a kid. i love her face in that picture.