Saturday, June 02, 2007

Saturday
So, how was your Saturday? Did you do anything fun? Did you do yard work? Clean your house? Do a little laundry? Or did you play? Go somewhere fun with your family? Or maybe, you did what I did. You opened your front door to find two police officers pointing their guns at you. Cause that's what I did today. I guess there was someone jumping fences and entering houses. They were going house to house checking things out. No one was here except my little brood, so they moved on. Then we heard someone wiggle the handle on the back door. Not sure if it was an officer or what. Whoever it was took off and a moment later the cops were in their cars traveling at warp speed to their next destination. There is a cop parked at the end of the road at an angle right now - not letting anyone in or out. So, tell me, did you do what I did today? I hope not. Between the earthquake last night and the manhunt today, I may never sleep again!

6 comments:

flip flop mama said...

Wow! How creepy! I would be seriously freaked out! Hope they catch the guy!

Our day was much less exciting...one of our friends took her husband to the ER because he was having really bad stomach pains. So they dropped their two year old off at 8 and she stayed with us till 6 pm. We went to the beach for a little while in the afternoon so that was kinda fun, but neither girls wanted to stay in the sand.

Anonymous said...

Nope, no cops at my door! *wink*

Anonymous said...

oh melissa! that's awful! sorry! that would totally freak me out to hear and see and feel the doorknob rattling thing! glad that you had responsive police in the area. thankful for that girl. here's to some peaceful sleep for you tonight, melissa. take good care, kathleen :)

ps. thank you for the email this weekend. i love hearing from you everytime. i sent you an email earlier today but that was before i read about your manhunt situation.

Heather said...

Nope, no cops... Just John Mayer at the GORGE!! AWESOME.

eve said...

Ahhh...life in California. It will keep you on your toes!

Jessica said...

Wow, that exact thing happen to me!! Just kidding! Only a car accident, graduations and BBQ. What a weekend!