Monday, June 11, 2007

Random Thoughts for Your Monday
  • Have you noticed that I keep changing my profile picture? First I had a picture of three monkeys. One had it's hands over it's eyes, the next had his hands over it's ears, the last, over his mouth... you know "See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" or however it goes? Anyway, from there I went to a vase of Gerber daisies. Very pretty. Then I got my new blog design and I had a picture of a pair of p.j.'s that I own that actually were the inspiration for the blog. Now, I have a picture of a frog. I think I'm going to change it back to the p.j. shot though... why? Well, Hubby asked me why I had picked a poisonous frog to represent myself? BECAUSE IT'S CUTE! And it matches the blog... but, I suppose a picture of a tiny poisonous amphibian really isn't a good portrayal. I need a much larger venomous creature for my picture...

  • It's already in the 90's for today... but Baby Girl keeps telling me she's cold. Hubby was really sick on Saturday. Kept getting really dizzy and almost blacking out. :S He had a fever and felt really nauseated. Looks like he might have shared. As long as everyone is healthy by Saturday... they have to be well by Saturday!
  • Saturday is our trip to St. George. It is going to be a lot of fun. Red will head off to Idaho to have a fantastic time. I'm a tad jealous. Okay, more than a tad. It's not so hot, he's going to sleep in, play, goof off, have other people prepare his food... is it too late for me to go too?
  • I did a dumb thing last night. Well, actually I did a couple of dumb things. First, I bought the bag of M&M's at Costco... 56 oz. XXL size... this is a bad thing. The second dumb thing, I ate some for breakfast. Third dumb thing... well, let me give you a little back story on this one. When we lived in Oregon I had a friend that lived just a few doors down. She and I would get together, watch girlie movies, eat peanut M&M's and just laugh and talk. Last night, I got out the mondo mega bag of M&M's, put "Pride and Prejudice" in the DVD player and then sat there. Alone. (Hubby was on the phone with family) It made me so sad. So frustrated. So homesick. Sigh... and to top it off, I consumed an insane amount of M&M's. I started with the little blue container and thought... that's not big enough... found another... still not quite enough... ah... the last container was just right. I felt like Goldilocks!




So there you have it. Totally random ramblings for your Monday morning! Now, I'm off to do laundry... :S

8 comments:

Justine said...

mmmmm. M-n-M's.

I need to go to Costco.

Right now.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Your counters are so shiny and clean, I swear I could see my reflection in them! You are a brave, brave woman, Melissa. You have children and pristine white counter tiles? Whoa. You're my hero.

Did you know that my name isn't really elasticwaistbandlady and that I'm a Melissa too? Well, now you do!

Anonymous said...

I had that flu bug a week ago, so if each child has it for one day, you should be done by Friday.... NO sick kids when a trip is planned!!! That is just against the rules.......
love ya :o)

Heather said...

M&M's are so good.

I'm totally addicted to the coconut Hershey's kisses though. Good thing they aren't in season.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Hmmm. That's a lot of M&M's. I would NEVER indulge in so many. (Mainly because I don't care for them). But Dove caramels? Ummm... I kill off a bag in one day - EASY.

Unknown said...

Must resist the Peanut M & M's.

I think changing up the profile pic's every once in awhile is a good thing. I think we are all in a state of constant change, our profiles should reflect that.

Anonymous said...

hi melissa: you know i loooovvvveee M&Ms. i got all excited when i saw your picture of the M&M bag. i thought you were going to send me some in good mail! he he.

i can totally relate to what you are saying here. but i would share M&Ms and chick flick girlie movies with you any day girl! it would be fun.

i like how you change your profile pic here and there. and i love the cute little froggy pic. the other day, i saved it to the background of my computer screen, so i can hang out with it for awhile.

beautiful tile counters! way cool how the tree didn't crash there.

~happy night girl and i'd share my M&Ms with you any day, kathleen :)

ps. did good mail arrive yet? hope so!

Unknown said...

No so hot in St. GEORGE???? That is the last place I would go this time of year. Mind you, I was dying with 88 degrees yesterday in Denver. It's gonna be a looooooong summer...