Thursday, August 30, 2007

Sandals and PJ's
Okay... I had written this really long post about how everything was going... and then realized that the details aren't important. So far he has worn new sandals and pj's without having a major meltdown. The pj's were the biggest struggle. But, I have found something that works well for Little Bug when it comes to shoes. I got the sandals on him (with lots of screaming and crying on his part) and then put all the kids in the van. He took them right off, but that was okay. Then we went to the Children's Museum and I told him he couldn't play if he didn't have sandals on. He let me put them back on him without any fuss. So, I guess I need to remember, the reward needs to outweigh the uncomfortableness of the situation. Don't know why it took me so long to figure that out. I know that if I'm going to do the work, the reward had better be worth it. I think we're all a little that way... right? Right??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

RIGHT!

Heather said...

That makes sense, now if I can just remember it!

Dedee said...

Go girl! It does work!

Two days!