Thursday, August 23, 2007

DUDE!
We decided to let Red have a friend spend the night. They are sitting in my living room playing a Nintendo game and the conversation is going something like this...
"Dude, how do you kick that guy?"
"Push A and pull the trigger, dude."
"Oh, thanks dude"
"Dude - you've gotta cover me"
"But dude, this guy is kickin my butt"
"Dude I'm gonna die!"
"Dude, if you push A and B and pull the trigger you'll do the super mega killer kick."
"Seriously dude?"
"Dude - yeah. Try it!"
"Ooooh dude! That is SO. COOOOOOL!"
"Dude, I know."
"Dude, I'm gonna fall off!"
"No way dude!"
"Dude I can't hold on!"
"Oh dude... end of game. You wanna do it again dude?"
My brain feels like it's shriveling up into a tiny version of its former self. Help!
***UPDATE***
They are now brushing their teeth...
"Dude, my teeth are like gross"
"Dude, let me see... oh dude! They are gross!"
"What kind of toothpaste is that dude?"
"Dude - it's the best!"
"Dude, I heard that that kind of toothpaste will kill you."
"Dude... NO WAY!"

"Totally dude."
"Dude, are you sure?"

"Dude - there is no way I'm using that stuff."
"Okay dude. But dude, then your teeth will still be like really gross."
"It's okay dude. When I go home, then I can use stuff that won't kill me. You know dude?"

"Whatever dude...."
Yeah... that's what I'm saying... whatever dude....

8 comments:

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

LOL. My oldest and his friend are the same way. A lot of Dudes, SWEET, and Snap!

Anonymous said...

Lummy! All that reciprocal - way to go dudes.
Cheers

Heather said...

PLEASE- my husband and his cousin are the worst DUDEers when they get together! Obviously, they never outgrew the phase.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Due, I am so bustin' a gut over here!

nic said...

heheheheheheheheheh...you should really get an audio recording so some day you can prove to him you aren't exaggerating when you tell this story. :)

elasticwaistbandlady said...

So, your boy and his friend are bi-lingual and fluent in California speak? Righteous Dude!

Jean Knee said...

I have a girl, the only thing she repeats unendingly is "I'm bored"
re-read the post inserting "I'm bored" and its her all right

... said...

what cracks me up is that girls can be considered a DUDE, too. and i'm with you, too many DUDEs and my brain starts to fry.