Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Netflix Frenzy
We are enjoying our new membership to Netflix very much! It stays so hot here in the evenings that it's hard to go outside to do anything. So, we stay in and watch movies. We saw the "Astronaut Farmer" last weekend... which wasn't really my favorite. This week we had "Remains of the Day" and "Miss Potter". I enjoyed both of them, but, especially "Miss Potter". It was such a sweet story! Have any of you seen it? I highly recommend it. Hubby watched it with me the first time and liked it. But not enough to sit through it again :) I had to watch it one more time before I sent it back. I'm still trying to build up my list of movies that I'd like to see and that the kids might like. It's almost harder to find something for hubby and myself. We like our movies on the clean side and Hollywood just doesn't seem to think that's too important. Do you have any suggestions?? It doesn't have to be a new movie - just something that you've enjoyed. Can't wait to hear your ideas!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to watch 'Miss Potter' again too! I really liked it and I'm glad you did too! It is still in the shrink wrap since I bought it - that is sad! lol love ya :o)

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Stranger than Fiction, Just Like Heaven, The Legend of Johnny Lingo, The Phantom of the Opera...

And how about the oldies? Carey Grant, Doris Day? Some hilarious, but clean movies!

Justine said...

Have you seen the flick Wordplay? It was more documentary, but interesting. Other than that, sorry, I'm woefully uninformed about movies.

I heard the new Charlotte's Web was cute...

Justine said...

Oh, I thought of one! I love What's Up Doc.

Oh, and Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Matilda?

The Sand Lot?

Heather said...

I love our Blockbuster membership. Its so fun to get a movie in the mail. Pride was pretty good, Premonition wasn't too bad either...if you like twists.

Anonymous said...

Little Miss Sunshine [not suitable for small people]
Cheers

wynne said...

Netflix is another addiction...anything you want to see, delivered to your door? Heaven.

Movie recommendations? hmm...

Rabbit-Proof Fence
was cool...and that would work for the kids (I think--unless it would put them to sleep)

And I like Hayao Miyazaki films--Totoro, Castle in the Sky, Howl's Moving Castle, etc. But that's just me. Jeff hates them.

Jean Knee said...

sorry, I only like dysfunctional family movies or gore-o-ramas

wynne said...

And I'm an absolute dope for leaving out the Wallace and Gromit movies---Were Rabbit or the three shorts that come on one DVD.

Also, do try "Iron Giant."

And don't watch any of the Hayao M. films unless you don't mind watching a movie with a plot that makes no sense. Me, I like that--lets me imagine more into the story--but Jeff says it's horrible.