Friday, August 10, 2007

Aimless Wanderings of My Mind
So, what do you think of the new look? I've decided to make a new template each month. Why, you ask? Because I can. Is anyone having trouble loading this at all? Let me know....

The other day Baby Girl announced that she is a "dancing ba-loo-lah". I'm not sure if I like the sounds of that. She then informed Red that he is a "dancing ba-loo-lah". And what did Red do? He tattled of course. He came running to me with his whiniest voice "Maaa-um! (I spell it like that because that's how "mom" sounds when you're really whiny.) She called me a 'dancing ba loo lah'. That's not fair or nice!" I asked if he was tattling and got "But MAAAA-UM!! I am NOT a dancing ba loo lah!" So, of course I said, "Then why do you care if she calls you that? Go work it out with your sister." He runs off and echoing down the hall are the words "Mom says not to call me that any more!" SIGH. Is summer over yet?

Sunday is Hubby's Birthday. We were going to go to the beach tomorrow as a kind of early celebration until we read about the jellyfish. I guess there is a rare black jellyfish that has entered Southern California waters and they are estimating that 200 people are being stung each day. Now, as fun as that sounds, I think we'll move the birthday celebration somewhere else.

Another reminder for any Southern Californians... we're gonna meet on the 18th (next Saturday) in Huntington Beach for a little lunch. E-mail me if you'd like to come and we'll get details worked out!

10 comments:

Jessica said...

I love the new look! No problem here with it loading! Aren't kids wondeful? That totally could have happened at my house!!

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Hey, I swear I was here already and told you I liked your new look.

Maybe not. Hey, I like your new look!


P.S. Please make the print bigger for old people like me. Thank you. Your friend, Elastic.

P.P.S You didn't by chance get some super practical Good Mail from a certain somebody, did you? I don't want to be too specific and make the others jealous.

Melissa said...

Jessica - glad you like the look... and I do love my kids. I just want to strangle them. Now.

elastic - I just went outside and found the oddest thing in my mailbox... :) You are my hero! Thanks for the good mail!

Carrot Jello said...

The new look reminds me of chocolate necco wafers. I'm not sure why. Perhaps it is the light dusting of white over the brown. Lucky you having a blog party. Take pictures.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Ooh, jellyfish. FUN! And I use that line all the time, too: "He said you're mean? Hmm. ARE you mean? Well, then."

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I do like the line you used on him...need to remember that one. =) Lovin' the new look!

Anonymous said...

hi melissa: "now, as fun as that sounds" made me chuckle. thanks for the snicker, i wanted one.

yes, i am having a hard time loading it, but the template today sure does look neat mel.

hope you have a fantasticmo bday weekend :) kathleen

Anonymous said...

I like your new template...very nice

nic said...

Sweet template! And I say that to my kiddos all the time too: "Is it true? Just because he says it, does it make it true? Then don't worry about it."

:)

Anonymous said...

hi melissa: so, what was the really odd thing in the mailbox? tell us tell us :)

chow baby, kathleen :)