Monday, August 06, 2007

Grrr...
Up at 4 a.m. Smiling. Happy. Ready to be awake. Fights sleep. Slowly, quietly, eventually drifts back off. Who knew this face could cause so much sleep deprivation?

And now? Now that it's time to be up and awake and happy? She's awake alright. But she's tired. Cross. Cranky. Just like her mom. This is day #3 of the 4 a.m. wake up call. Hubby got up with her last night. I love that man. Now, we are all tired. Luckily, Little Bug wasn't up this time. Yesterday he was up too and once he's up, he's up. There is no going back to sleep for him. Till about halfway through the day...
This isn't a picture from today... but another day after he had been up way too early. Yeah, he stole the pillow and blanket from Baby Girl. Do you know how much I wish that was me? I'd even sleep on the floor if they'd just let me rest...

11 comments:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Have you tried locking them in their rooms?

Maddy said...

I've not been here for a while - why did I think you were on holiday? There again why should I be able to remember your schedule as well as my own!
Wishing you lot of zzzzzzzzz

Jean Knee said...

I like that frog pop out thing.
Didn't someone say you can sleep when you're old (the army maybe?) I think they meant no sleep will make you old

Melissa said...

kimberly - ohhh... I like that idea. I'll have to try that tonight... oh wait. They lock from the inside... hmmm...

mcewen - I did take a bloggy break but I'm back! :D

jean knee- glad you approve of the new frog. I'll probably keep changing it around... just to keep you on your toes. And I think you are right... no sleep will make you old. Very very old...

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Ugh. Grumpy kids. Too bad we can't liquor them up. At least, not legally...

elasticwaistbandlady said...

No rest for the weary. No rest for the wicked.

Which category do you fall under, Melissa?

Unknown said...

I will be having lots of that on our upcoming vacation (sleep deprivation, that is). Two kids, two parents, same room. Good times.

Anonymous said...

I tend to fall asleep whenever I sit for more than 5 minutes. hee hee

Hope you get some rest soon!

Carrot Jello said...

Have you tried locking yourself in your room? Works for me.

Anonymous said...

hi melissa: you can buy a lock at a hardware store that you can attach to the top of their door from outside the door. kids need to have some sleep time and time by themselves, too, and this will help manage it. and your sanity. you know i am not suggesting this ALL the time. but during a normal night sleep span (and maybe later in the day during a naptime if warranted) could do wonders for your little family.

i love pictures of sleeping kids. makes me go awwwhhh. i still like seeing my girls sleeping even though they are crusty teenagers much of the time. but when they are sleeping, they remind me how angelic they looked when they were babies and younglings.

good luck, kathleen :)

wynne said...

AAAACK! I hate the no-sleep-when-you're-a-mommy-thing. But I have to agree with Carrot. If I want a rest, he has to go to his room for quiet time. Not for him. For me to be able to nap.

Why haven't they figured out how to bottle a sleep substitute by now? (A legal one, I mean.)