Sunday, August 12, 2007

Happy Birthday
Today my fabulous sweetie is old. Yep. Old. He's gonna love that I'm bloggin about this. I can say that he's old, because he's older than I am. Always has been. Always will be. Yesterday, to celebrate, we went to the Wild Animal Park in the morning and SeaWorld in the evening for their new night time shows. (We have passes to both of these places... ) We had lunch at Johnny Carinos - a favorite of the whole family. We had a fantastic time. Today Hubby got to sleep in and then had breakfast in bed. Sort of. I think he had 2 bites before he came out to be with us. He and I are so different. I can't think of anything better than sitting down to a meal where I don't have to run and get people things. I can sit and eat while everything is hot. He wanted to be with us. Crazy guy. We opened gifts and now he's gonna spend some time reading Harry Potter. He vowed to never read the books, but he's now on book four :) We'll head to church in awhile and then we'll come home for a fillet mignon dinner followed by Cheesecake Factory cheesecake with homemade blueberry topping (have I ever mentioned how much I love Costco?? Where else can you get Cheesecake Factory products and fillet mignon?? Well, besides actually going to the Cheesecake Factory...) Overall, he seems to be having a good day. I can't tell you how thankful I am for this man. I was thinking about all the girls in college that thought he was so sweet and nice and wished he would ask them out. There were a lot. He picked me. I don't know why. Heaven knows I don't deserve him. But I got him. And I'm grateful. Now, I'm off to do the dishes (usually his job) and keep the kids away from him for a few minutes so he can relax. Happy Birthday sweetie!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your husband. I think he's lucky to have you!

Jessica said...

Happy B-day to your Hubby!

Your's comes up just fine for me, of course eveyone else who had problems with thiers I could see just fine....so weird! You might want to ask Heather, she couldn't see her's either. I am guessing it has something to do with the computer itself?

Anonymous said...

hi melissa: totally adorable what you said about your snookims. he is lucky to have you, don't forget that :)

happy bday mel's hubby.

blessings, kathleen :)

ps. yes, costco rocks!

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Hey, we have Johnny Carinos here in H-Town.

So how old is old? You can tell us, Melissa. Is it time to break out the prune juice and black balloons?