Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Colorful
I was cruising around the blogdom today and was looking at pictures of some fabulous bloggers. I noticed that they all have fabulous hair. Coincidence? I think not. I think their amazing personalities are linked directly to their hair. So, I decided I needed to make my hair fabulous in order to have the corresponding personality. One that sparkles. One that shines. One that never shows roots or needs a trim (unlike my hair). Unfortunately, I don't have the cash to get my hair professionally colored. So, I got the box... I picked this one because:

  1. I liked the color and
  2. the model on the box looks like a fun gal (thus perpetuating the fabulous hair, fabulous person theory).

I also liked it because it said it would not cause "brassiness" which is something I can't stand in hair or personality.


So, I started with my natural mousy brown hair... please forgive the towel wrapped around me held with a clothes pin. I know that the truly fabulous have special capes to wear whilst coloring their hair. Also, the truly fabulous wouldn't have been wearing their hair in a pony tail all day and so their hair wouldn't be all crazy. Oh, and their bathrooms would be clean... see why I REALLY needed to color my hair?

I ended up with this

It actually almost looks like the color on the box. Unfortunately, I don't feel fabulous. They need to put a disclaimer on these boxes:
To the unsuspecting Housewife: Greetings. We know that you feel frumpy and dumpy otherwise you would not be buying our product. We need to warn you - coloring your hair will not make you look like our fantastic model on the box. She is 5'11" and 102 lbs. You are not. When all is said and done, you will be the same height and weight. Also, we have professional makeup and hair people. And fantastic computer people who can do wonders with Photo Shop. If you remember these minor things, you will not be disappointed. Thanks so much!
Oh well. Maybe I'll get it cut, put in a few highlights and eat something covered in chocolate. It won't change my personality, but at least I'll feel better :)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW shiny!! I tried coloring my hair once and broke out in a horrible rash. I will never do it again.

Jessica said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! It is such a good color on you! You should feel FAB!!

Anonymous said...

Twinkle, twinkle! Coincidently I'm just back from the hair dresser myself [ get rid of that battleship grey!]

Unfortunately, my personality is unaltered.

Yours the grumpy one
Cheers

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Oh Melissa, you're so hilarious!

And fabulous!

Love that hair colour on you, it suits you marvelously.

SoDak Angel said...

I think the hair color is great! Yeah.....why do they put the pretty people on the boxes....who you know aren't real....they should have to have a disclaimer for sure!

Yvonne said...

I tried to do it once--I was so nervous about coloring my hair I made a mistake and mixed the wrong ingredients (I know, how did she ever do that???)
Now it's the hairdresser who does it. Yet, it hasn't done anything for my personality!!!!

Mandy Abbott said...

I absolutely LOVE the new color! It looks really good on you, anytime I have ever attempted to color my hair myself I have always paid a good $200 to get it fixed! Melissa, you crack me up! I love looking at your blog, it always brings a smile to my face!

Carrot Jello said...

So what you're saying is, you don't like that color? Because that is pretty much my color. So you must not like me? Yeah, that's what I heard. You don't like me, and don't want me commenting. *sob*

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

I think it looks nice! But, yes. The color without the cut and professional make up and all isn't QUITE as big of a change as we try for, is it? I just want to color this streak of white hair, FREAKING WHITE, that goes down the middle of my head.

Melissa said...

marsha - this color comes with some kind of avacado conditioner that makes my hair like a mirror... LOVE IT! Thanks for stopping by the blog :)

jessica - thanks! I'm trying to feel fab, but I think a cut is in order... and some no frizz hair stuff :S

mcewen - I'm starting to get the lovely grey's showing in there. This stuff didn't cover them very well :S

kimberly - oh how you flatter! You're too sweet :) Thanks!

sodak angel - I wonder if they would pay me to write the disclaimer?? I would be more than happy to do it...

yvonne - thanks for visiting my little blog :) I always worry about mixing it wrong... but so far, it's been okay. Knock on wood.

Melissa said...

mandy - Thanks! Your picture was one of the ones that inspired me to do SOMETHING with my hair! Now, for a good cut that won't cost me an arm and a leg....

carrot - I do love the color! Please don't cry... here. Have a tissue. I just think my hair needs more than just a new color. It's frizzy and has no style to speak of. It's time for scissors... and maybe a razor...buzzzz....

tracey - have you always had the white? I know a gal whose hair is very dark and she has a white patch right at the front of her head. She usually colors it...

Heather said...

Ok?? Where's my comment? I put it on after jessicas.

I loved the color....

Are you going to go Sassy Short??

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Funny thing is.....I'm reading blogs with hair color on this very moment! I'm going to wash that gray right out of my hair. Remember those commercials?

Know what else? I'm taking that fabulous beaded bracelet set I won from you on vacation. Oh yes I am! So a part of you will be at the bloggy thingie in COlorado this weekend.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I like your new color, by the way! It looks better with your skin tone than your previously dark hair.

Melissa said...

heather - blogger has been WEIRD lately... I've had a lot of trouble commenting. It's not been so bad the last 2-3 days... knock on wood...

elastic - my Mom tells me she feels like a part of me is with her. Now a part of me is with you...perhaps I'm spreading myself too thin?
Thanks for the compliment :)