Friday, August 31, 2007

Amazed
Today, and probably only for today, my kids think I'm amazing. Of course, it's only 10:00 a.m. so the day could go downhill pretty fast. We had to run some errands this morning. So, we put a c.d. of some of our favorite tunes in and off we went. Red asked to listen to one of the songs again. There are controls on the steering wheel for the c.d. player, so I just switched it with that. From the back I hear a gasp as the song of choice comes back on. "How did you DO THAT??" He is totally flabbergasted. I inform him that my brain works like a remote control and all I have to do is think about a song and it will go to it. Yeah. He believed me. :D
At the store we bought popsicles and since it's 100 degrees outside already, we had to hurry home. Baby Girl was highly annoyed that one of the lights was red for an ETERNITY. "MOM! Just go! My popsicles are melting!" So I told her to ask the light to turn green...
"Light? Will you turn green?" Nothing happens.
"You forgot to say please.", I remind her.
"Please light will you turn green?" Nothing happens.
"Maybe this light needs you to say 'pretty please'."
"PREEEEEEEETY PLEEEEEAAAASE light! Will you turn green?" And as she finishes the word "green" the light changes.
"Mom?"
"Yes Baby?"
"How did you know that was a Pretty Please light?"
"Because I know everything!"
"Oh yeah... and because you're a princess, right?"
Ah... today I am adored by the masses! I'm gonna enjoy it while it lasts....

8 comments:

Dedee said...

That is sooooo funny. You are omniscient and omnipotent. You enjoy that baby!

(P.S I thought about the White House too and decided it wouldn't work, for the same reasons!)

Yvonne said...

Very cute. I remember one time I told mine I had eyes in the back of my head and they kept trying to move my hair so they could see the eyes back there.
It's fun while it lasts!!!

Jean Knee said...

so how did you know that was a pretty please light?
behold the power of MOM

Heather said...

Enjoy your reign while it lasts!

... said...

doesn't it feel great when your kids think you walk on water. maybe it feels that way cuz it happens so seldom. enjoy basking in the awe.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I have it easy......my kids get impressed with a really good grilled cheese sandwich.

Unknown said...

Oh, if only they'd acknowledge me as a princess or even better queen. How cute. :-)

Anonymous said...

melissa: ah thanks, your post made me laugh. you are too cute. you are adored by the masses in me.

blessings to you and your rugrats this day, kathleen