Thursday, February 08, 2007

Narcissists?

My kids LOVE to look at themselves. Whether it be in photos or in the mirror, they will take any chance they get to steal a glance or two at themselves. Little Bug has a photo album in his bed at this very moment. We had to stop having family prayers in the boys bedroom because there are mirrors on the closet doors. Inevitably we would hear... "Thank thee for... um.. for...." and I'd glance up to see one of my sweeties pulling faces at the other in the mirror. I'm not too proud to say that this caused a few giggles in the middle of prayer, but we did move our location to a less reflective area of the house. (Not that this solved all of our giggles, but it has helped) Tonight, my kids all climbed in my bed to watch our screen saver. Which, of course, is photos of them. They were mesmerized and then extremely annoyed when I announced that it was time for bed. I want them to be proud of the way they look... after all, they're cuties! :D But is there a point where that crosses a line?? Are they too young for me to worry about this? I turn to you, my blogging friends, can a little kid like themselves too much?

No comments: