Friday, February 16, 2007

A Girl After My Own Heart
When you hear someone say "hangin' with my peeps" you automatically think "oh, they are going to go spend time with some friends". That is, unless you know me. In which case you know that "hangin with my peeps" means that I have consumed a box of the marshmallow confections for breakfast. Some of you may be familiar with VeggieTales. In the video "Lord of the Beans" one of the characters talks about consuming a 200 lb. marshmallow peep before breakfast and falling into a sugar coma. This is me! I just can't get enough of them! The best way to eat them, is to let them sit out for a little bit... yumm... and to my delight and dismay, Baby Girl likes the peeps! A girl after my own heart! But now, I have to share... not sure how I feel about that. At least the peeps are back! Valentines is over! Time for the next commercialized holiday that we celebrate by eating candy to come our way! WalMart already has their peeps out. Which means that I purchased 3 boxes this morning, (plus a box of chocolate marshmallow eggs). I was very pleased to see a new color... light green! Actually, I don't really care what color they are! Pink, blue, purple, yellow, green... I'm no respecter of peeps. Well, time to go eat breakfast. Hey, would one of you would give me a call later? Just to make sure that I've come out of my sugar coma... thanks :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

There really is no better treat! Although I have to say, I'm pretty snobby when it comes to the consistency of my Peeps. They have to be fresh out of the box and melt in your mouth soft. Anything harder than that and I give them to my non-discriminating husband.

That is a lovely shade of green!

Melissa said...

I'm just the opposite... I set them out for days... then eat them. Fortunately for me, my hubby doesn't like them! YEAH!!