Friday, February 09, 2007

Country Gal?
I used to think that the city was the place to be! I wanted to live right in the middle of everything! There should be people everywhere and things to do right around the corner. Now, I'm starting to wonder if this is really the way I want to live. I think I might be turning into.... gasp... a country girl! The thought of having a little land, some horses, dogs (again), and maybe a few other animals (NO COWS) somehow appeals to me. I like the idea of the kids going out to explore a little creek somewhere. Having a lawn big enough to set up a swing set and a trampoline (we can't have either right now - no room). When we were in Oregon we had about 3/4 of an acre. It was perfect for our little family. I want that again. Unfortunately, we now live in California. I don't know how people buy homes here. Maybe someday someone will hand us a cool million and we will be able to put it all on down payment for a home :P And still have a monthly payment that we won't be able to afford. I admit it. I am a little country. And I'm possibly on a slippery slope that will lead me right to the Boondocks!

No comments: