Sunday, July 01, 2007

Smoke Gets in Your Eyes
So, I'm sitting here at the computer reading email when I start to notice a rather odd odor in the air. I sniff... wait... sniff again... it smells like something is burning. It gets stronger. I run and grab Hubby and have him come to our room to take a waft of air. He comments that it smells like burning bugs. And what do you know... that's exactly what it is. You see, we have one of those old lamps that they don't sell any more because they can cause fires. Why do we still have ours? Well, it was a wedding gift. And we are way to cheap to buy one that won't have a problem with spontaneous combustion. Actually, it wouldn't be that spontaneous. The thing puts out a lot of heat. ANYWAY... apparently it also doubles as a bug zapper. Smoke issue solved and as a major bonus: there is one less fly in the world tonight. This makes me very, very happy.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

oh, yucky! I am glad there is one less fly in the world! I don't like that smell though!

Becky said...

Love it! My dog and cat try to catch the flies....and they do great! But the flies must taste nasty to them, cuz they alway spit them out....surprisingly the fly always survives, and continues to fly around after being spit out...grrrr

Phae-Jae said...

Is it suppose to look like a happy face? The fly is the nose, or am I seeing things?

:D

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Father Al Gore is very sad that you're using up precious electrical resources to kill flies. Don't you know that you're destroying the planet, Melissa?

No, better that you get some candles and a Venus Flytrap.

Melissa said...

Jessica - the smell was awful, but it kinda scared me at first... thought something was on fire :S

mom2princess - I'm going to use that argument with hubby next time I bring up getting a dog... "But sweetheart, they catch FLIES!" :D

pj - I didn't even notice! HA! Love it!!!

ELWB - Hmm... since I love Al Gore so much I think I'll buy ten more lamps. Yeah. That should do it!