Thursday, July 26, 2007

Countdown
Screaming. Crying. Laughing followed by screaming and more crying. Now that Red is home, this is what my days are filled with. He is a tease. I admit that he gets it from me. I'm a horrible tease and now I regret it with every ounce of my being. I don't remember teasing till the tears came, but I probably did. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depends on your perspective) Baby Girl has decided to defend herself - hitting, kicking and pinching being the weapons of choice. To top it off - tattling is at an all time high.
And we've been doing activities... got out all the wooden blocks today and we built a city - complete with zoo. We did some workbook and coloring pages this morning. We played with the Weebles, Thomas the Train set, and other various toys. But as soon as the organized play stops... the chaos starts.
So, in honor of my sanity, I've put a countdown in the sidebar. At this very moment we have 38 days, 12 hours and 11 minutes and 16 seconds till they go back to school. I think I'll just sit here and stare at it - watching the seconds tick away while they run wild.

11 comments:

Jessica said...

So true, so true! I love the timer! Days like this are hard, especially when it seems like ALL days are like these!

Millie said...

Wow, it's like we're having the exact same day! Incredible! I might have to steal your countdown idea. :)

Maddy said...

Oh golly, that would drive me completely barmy! [the little count downer]
So saying I have a tick down chart for the boys to let THEM know when they go back to school so it doesn't jump out at them as a surprise!
Cheers

Anonymous said...

hi melissa: you crack me up. may tomorrow be better for you :) kathleen

David said...

So you aren't considering homeschooling? I wandered over from The Smiling Infidel because of the frog picture. It is pretty cool.

Tammy and Parker said...

You are way too funny!

I remember when my two oldest were younger and my son would tease the heck out of my daughter. One day I held my son down while my daughter paid him back.....with interest.

Might not be Mom of the Year kind of stuff, but my son finally caught a clue.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

We homeschool. I'm living that 'Calgon......Take Me Away!' commercial every day of my life.

The worst for me is that its either too hot or too rainy to throw them all outside.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

:) I have a week off with only 2 kids so I'm not counting down the days yet, but I'm sure I'll get there soon...

Heather said...

OHHH. Fun day. Here's to the shortening of days!

Anonymous said...

You know what they say about a watched clock . . . good luck with your sanity! LOL!

Girlie Girl started kindergarten 1 1/2 weeks ago and on Monday she'll already have 3 weeks off. Lord help me! *wink*

Jean Knee said...

seems to be apopular theme bouncing around blog land. hang in there baby, summer will end