Monday, March 10, 2008

Political Prowess
I flexed my political muscles today! I am on my way to the White House! I can just feel it... you see, yesterday, a friend called and asked if I could watch her little girl today while she was at the dentist. I said, "Sure - not a problem!" And then I did the unthinkable... I didn't write it on the calendar. Now, I don't know about you, but if something isn't on my calendar, then it isn't happening!
About half an hour before they were to show up, I decided to go to the bank. I had to deposit our tax return (which was kind of odd because we e-filed and it was supposed to be direct deposited... another thing I could fix if I were President). And the bank took forever. Not that I was in a great hurry... there wasn't anything on my calendar for the day.
I get home, get Baby Girl and I some lunch and then check email. That's when I see the flashing red light on the answering machine. I push the button and hear my sweet friend asking where I'm at! GAH!! What have I done?
I'll tell you what I've done: I made a promise and then I broke it! I am a political machine!
I did talk to my friend later on and apologized profusely. I guess the correct way to do that would have been to call a press conference and have it televised during every one's favorite T.V. shows this evening... I still have a lot to learn...

14 comments:

tharker said...

"I did not have transactions with that bank." That would also be very presidential of you to say ;)

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

I'm sure she understood. But, yes, I'd say you're on your way, politically speaking!

Tonya said...

Yikes, I know what you mean. I call my calendar my brain because if it isn't on there it doesn't happen. Whoops!

Cristy said...

I'm totally the same! It literally has to be on the calendar or it ain't happening! I even calendar cutting the kids nails... OK I'm a little insane... but yea, it's got me in trouble a few times too. On the one hand I'm super prepared, on the other hand, I've forgotten a few things! (By the way, watch the news yesterday? Crazy Politics! And yea, New York politics are way messed up...)

Ally said...

Oh, man!! I hate it when that happens! :( Sorry.

But, uh, thanks for not interrupting my favorite TV show... ;)

Tausha said...

i am with you sista! if i don't write it on the calendar-forget it. I to,have forget to tend for a friend. Luckily-she called my cell and i was able to run home-no worries. but i still felt like a total idiot. So, dont feel too bad, we all do it. Just give your friend some chocolate and offer to tend so she can get some fun time in and i am sure that all will be well.

Randi said...

Hey, if it didn't interrupt The Biggest Loser at least twice, I'd say it's hardly worthy of political mention.
You'll do better next time.
;)

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

You are the cutest presidential potentiate I've ever met!

i said...

At least it wasn't your step father's endowment day or something. It's sad to say that I forget things like that sometimes, even when they ARE on the calender. It's a gut wrenching feeling, I know all to well! If I were her, I would understand!

Bonnie the Boss said...

If you ever want some book suggestions on book ideas let me know. Very few things make me happier than helping someone find a good book. Thanks for stopping by.
Bonnie

Bonnie the Boss said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nancy Face said...

I've done that to my visiting teachers...it was an honest mistake, I promise! :0

Yvonne said...

Just take a picture or two with your husband standing by your side and all will be fine--politically speaking.

I'm sure your friend totally understands.

... said...

you could never be president. you're just too honest. you see, if you were a true politician, you would have made up some grand excuse why you weren't there, maybe even to the point where it looked like it was your friend's fault. but don't fret. life is better ouside the white house.