Saturday, March 01, 2008

Bug Off!
Baby Girl has been feeling a lot better. I would even venture to declare that she is "well"! Unfortunately, at the moment, she is a tad on the neglected side. When Little Bug gets sick, he gets really sick. His immune system just doesn't fight things off like it should. And so, when he gets ill, we know it will be for a few weeks. He is doing better, but not great. Red is also still sick. His fever seems to be gone, but that lingering cough is still.... well... lingering.
And so, with her new found wellness has come a never ending supply of energy... which, of course, has turned her into even MORE of a little mischievous imp than usual! She wants attention RIGHT NOW and is willing to do whatever it takes to get it. And so, being the extremely wise being that I am, I decided to spend a little time with her before she decided to express herself with hieroglyphs on my walls or something clever like that.
We did pedicures again - okay, well, to be honest, we just painted toes. This time I'm going to post pictures... she wanted butterflies. Then she wanted bumble bees. Then flowers. She just couldn't make up her mind. So, we did this instead:

Big toes - butterflies
Next toes - bees
Middle toes - flower - that didn't turn out so well because she wanted the glitter polish...
Next toes - dragon flies
Baby toes - caterpillars
The only thing we didn't get on there that she wanted was "swirly whirls". We'll do that next time.
The really amazing thing was that she calmed down. She got some one on one time with Mom and she was very pleasant for the rest of the day. It was a good reminder for me. I need to take time one on one with each of my kids. They get a lot of "group" time. But it's just not the same.
It only took about half an hour of my time. The boys survived. And she was a happy girl... which, in turn, translated into a happy mom!

12 comments:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

You are so, so brilliant, my dear!

Jean Knee said...

can you do a horse?

Anonymous said...

Very fun!!!! Love the variety. :o)

Ally said...

Very wise mama. ;)

Pretty toes! And way to go for you!

You're an awesome mom. :)

Nancy Face said...

Yay, I see hot pink Gerbera Daisies! :D

The toesies look so cute! I bet she feels fabulous every time she looks down at them! :)

Jillybean said...

What darling little toes!
And a great idea for some girl time.
I might just do that too.

Tonya said...

Very cute toes!! I'm glad you two got some girl time in.

Doran & Jody said...

How fun is that??? My hubby use to paint my toes too. Yep my toes. Then I would just clean up around the nail. He didn't get as creative as you. Maybe next time I get sick I will call on you.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, what pretty toenails!

Mandy Abbott said...

You are such a good mom! And artist too might I add. I love the butterflies and bees!!

... said...

very pretty. did you paint all those mini masterpieces? i'm impressed.

glad to hear kids are starting to feel better.

Yvonne said...

You are such a great mom--and happy girl does equal happy mom ; )