Monday, March 10, 2008

Commander and Chief
Dear Friends,
I feel the need to address this issue with you at this time. I have noticed that the current candidates for our Presidential election are avoiding a very serious issue. An issue, that, in my opinion, needs immediate addressing. Our country needs these people to step up, take action, and resolve this problem that plagues so many families. The issue?
Daylight Savings Time
I am exhausted. My children are exhausted. Their bodies struggle to adjust to this horrific event that is thrust upon us twice a year. It's almost enough to pack up and move to Arizona! There is no need for the change.
And so, here and now, I would like to announce that I am running for President of the United States. I know it will be an uphill battle, but with your support, I think we can win!
Do I know anything about...
economic development? Not really.
health care reform? Ummm... no.
immigration laws? Uh....
policy on war? Well....
how a country should be run in general? Not a clue
the sleepless nights, early morning and general crankiness that rules our land two times a year by the accursed Daylight Savings plan? Oh yeah baby!
I know that this is the only platform that I have, but I promise to figure the other things out - as soon as I have had a good night's sleep.
Help me, dear friends! When you go to vote this fall, write in my name, and together, we will put an end to the madness!
Thank you.
I am Melissa, and I approve this message.

15 comments:

Randi said...

I'll vote for you! Maybe twice!
What I wonder is- if daylight savings really does save money in energy, why do we keep going off it?

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Love it! I'll vote for you!!

Anonymous said...

I am laughing out LOUD on this! But TOTALLY SUPPORT your bid for president! ;-)

They started the daylight savings junk to help the farmers... then to boost the economy by people shopping more during "daylight hours." It's all just stupid.

You go girl!

Tonya said...

Oh yeah, I'll totally vote for you. Go MELISSA!!!

Tonya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

How about part of your platform be that Canadians can vote too?

Beth said...

I agree!!! My kids are a mess today and nobody wanted to go to school, but I made them go anyways!

Ally said...

Ahhhhhhhhh Yeah, Baby! You got my vote!! And I'll beat up my husband and all my family til they vote for you too.

Yesterday was really the day from h##$@%. I think it was compounded by the arrival of my red-headed Aunt Flow, though, so Daylight Savings may not be ALL of my problem yesterday, but it sure was MOST OF IT!

But even with all your other platform stances, I'll STILL vote for you!! ;D

MELISSA FOR PRESIDENT.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Dude. I feel your pain...

Bonnie the Boss said...

You got my vote just for the fact that you visited my blog. It is so hard to chang times. I don't know anyone who likes it. It is beyond nuts. Also, all of the presidential candidates at his time barely know more than you about running this country. At least you could do something that applies to us all. They can't even promise that. But I don't have any strong feelings about it.
Bonnie

Anonymous said...

LOl!

... said...

i'm not sure you would get enough votes. you see, once your kids get older, it doesn't matter to the family whether you lose or gain an hours worth of sleep. you might make up the votes with dog owners, tho :]

Jean Knee said...

I will vote for you. I can't tell you how much I loathe daylight savings time

Nancy Face said...

You crack me up!

I bet you're sooo jealous of me because I live in Arizona, tee hee! ;)

Yvonne said...

I'll vote for you because I'M STILL TIRED!!!