Monday, March 17, 2008

An Apology
I must ask your forgiveness. I haven't been around to any one's blog since Friday. I had plans to come visit, honest, I did! But Friday was not a fun day. We got a letter from the insurance saying that it is "not medically necessary" for Little Bug to have speech therapy, again. I cried all day long. And then I went to the lovely dinner, where, honestly, I kind of sulked. The food was great, but I wasn't in the mood for chatting... it didn't keep me from playing Scrabulous on Facebook though...I'm slightly addicted...
And then Saturday I needed a family day. We saw "Horton Hears a Who" at the 10:05 showing... and we learned a very important lesson. Saturday mornings are the BEST time to go see movies! There were 10 other families in the theatre with us. It was great! And the movie was SO CUTE! The kids loved it and so did we. The part where they start singing "Can't Fight this Feelin" by REO Speedwagon CRACKED. ME. UP!!! Too funny!! So, if you're looking for something fun to watch... go see this one!
Horton Hears A Who Picture
After the movie we went on a much needed grocery run and then hit Barnes and Noble. I was looking for the next book in this series:
Fablehaven
Read the first book and loved it! But, they didn't have the second, so I came out empty handed.
Red Robin was our next stop for lunch on the way home. We haven't been out to eat in awhile and thought everyone could use a good treat. And it was a great treat for everyone but me... sigh... my burger was pink. And I just kept telling myself, it's not that bad... but when I hit the part that was pink and still cold, I gagged. Not a good thing.
After that we came home and watched another movie here at the house. We got "Mr. Magoriums Wonder Emporium" from Netflix. It was cute! We really enjoyed that one too.
page 7
That night Hubby took Red and a friend to the church for the road show. I think they had a good time...
Sunday was church and then family time. We were just setting up Risk when we got a call from a friend to come over and play board games for awhile. So we headed out and had so much fun playing games and visiting. Last night I watched "Pride and Prejudice" and just relaxed. But it was late when I went to bed. Which means I'm tired today...
So, I got up and was ready to do some serious blog reading when I accidentally hit the "mark all read" button on my Google Reader. There are almost 70 blogs in my Reader. I would love to go through each one and try to figure out who has new posts, but that would take a rather large amount of time today... time I don't have. (I not only put off blog reading over the weekend, but also laundry... :S)
So, I apologize. All the posts from Friday through this morning will probably not be read by me. Sorry... from this moment on, I will read new blog posts... till I have another brain freeze and hit the wrong thing again... sigh...

13 comments:

Madam Crunchypants said...

BUSY weekend!!

For what it's worth, I have new posts ;) but I won't hold it against you if you don't go back to read them.

I want to see Horton badly. I wonder if our crappy theatre will get it.

Carrot Jello said...

I've been thinking about you a lot, wondering how you are.
I'm sorry about the whole insurance thing.
I'll pray for you. Things will work out. Heavenly Father loves Lil Bug very much, and wants him to have help. There will be a way, somehow.
Don't feel pressure to visit peoples blogs. Just let it go. That's what I've done. I shouldn't have to feel guilty about writing on my blog because I haven't left comments for everyone, or commented on peoples comments on my blog.
We should all just let that go!
I'll be thinking of you.

Jillybean said...

We saw Mr. Magorium's last night. The kids loved it. We're going to see Horton hears a Who as soon as the kids clean up that big mess in the family room.

Randi said...

Thanks for the movie tips.
And I'd rather you were kinda in and out, than just quitting the blogging thing all together. You have to do what works for yoU!

Yvonne said...

Oh, melissa I'm so sorry about the insurance problem. I hope you can get it resolved.

That's the third thumbs up I've heard for Horton Hears a Who. We'll have to go and see it.

Yuck on the hamburger ; (

No problem with the blogging thing--I agree with justrandi--you have to do what works for you.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Oh hun, I'm sorry things are so rough right now. ~hugs~ On the plus side, your blog looks prettier than ever!

flip flop mama said...

Those are two movies I want to see. Glad they were good! I hate it when I "mark all as read"! Sounds like a fun weekend though and it's fun playing scrabulous!

... said...

i have new posts but don't feel like you have to go read them. plus, i get to talk to you while playing scrabulous :]

i ate at red robin friday night. my meal was great. i'm loving those garlic fries. sorry yours wasn't up to par.

Tonya said...

I'm sorry about the speech therapy. Insurance companies make me CRAZY. Arghhh!!

We are wanting to see Horton so I'm glad to hear that it's a hit. The critics weren't thrilled about it so I should have known :)

Don't you ever worry about not making to my blog. I get that it's a busy life and would never hold it against you.

Jen said...

I love Dr. Seuss. And the second Fablehaven didn't disappoint me.

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

I'm glad you're addicted to Scrabulous!

I'm sorry about the Speech Therapy thing. Once J didn't qualify for OT we scraped some money together and kept him going for a few months anyway. Can you pay for it on your own for awhile?

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Don't feel bad about not visiting blogs! We all understand people get busy and caught up and that's why blog friends are the best...we love you always :)

It sounds like you have had fun things going on. Lots of cute movies! Sorry about the insurance and the pink burger :(

Nancy Face said...

I'm so sorry about the horrible letter from the insurance bullies. :(

I'm also sorry your burger was still mooing...yuck! :(

I'm happy you had some fun games and good movies and PRIDE AND PREJUDICE! Don't even worry about catching up on blogs! It should be fun, not an obligation! :)