Monday, January 21, 2008

Optical Illusions
I got an email with these illusions in it... they are kind of fun... and kind of creepy... it's weird what the mind can do! You can click on each image to make it larger...
The following picture is not animated. Your eyes are making it move. To test this, stare at one spot for a couple seconds and everything will stop moving. Or look at the black center of each circle and it will stop moving. But move your eyes to the next black center and the previous will move after you take your eyes away from it.




Is the book looking towards you or away?


Is this possible?

Stare at the black dot in the center. Now move your head forward and backwards...
Are the purple lines straight or bent?
Do you see gray areas in between the squares?
You should see two things with this picture... a man and a word... I'll give you a hint - the word starts with the letter "L"



7 comments:

flip flop mama said...

Those are so fun. I've seen most of them before except for the last one. I've never seen that one. Who is it a picture of and why are they calling him a liar? It is crazy what your eyes do...

Yvonne said...

Those are great--I have seen most of them. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Very fun! I'm glad you posted them.

Anonymous said...

That was fun! :)

... said...

those are cool! i love optical illusions. we use the Jesus one on our youth group every once in a while. kids are always amazed at it.

Busy Bee Lauren said...

I look at these with disdain because in my interior design classes we have design illusions of our own. Mine was crazy...and gave me a head ache.


Ok ok ok...the illusions are cool, they just brought back bad memories haha!

Nancy Face said...

So fun...how do people come up with these things? :)