Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Another Randomly Random Post
  • I washed Little Bug's blanket yesterday. His one true comfort object in this world. He cried for an hour and a half... he tried to pull it out of the washer. He banged on the drier. He was fully and completely miserable for 90 minutes. So was I.
  • My master bedroom is CLOSER to being clean. I won't be able to spend any time in it today, but I think that it won't be a completely horrifying experience if my in-laws go in.
  • I have two dental appointments this week. One for a deep cleaning thingy that they call "gross scaling" - isn't that horrible? Couldn't they name it "awesome scaling"?? And another appointment to fill four cavities. FOUR. Bleh
  • My kids don't sleep in on the weekends or holidays. It's like an internal switch that says "This is a play day! Don't waste time by sleeping... GET UP!". But on school days, like today, it's a different story. I have to PRY those people out of bed. Somehow we all slept till 7:40. Red has to be out the door by 8:00.
  • We are going to DisneyLand in a few weeks! I guess the Magic Kingdom has some kind of community outreach program. They offered our local Autism Society some really inexpensive tickets... like $27 inexpensive! It's just a one day pass, but hey! We'll take it! It's too bad you can only get 6 tickets... or I would have bought a bunch and invited y'all down for a P-A-R-T-Y!
  • I was going through our photos and I realized that there are not a lot of pictures of my in-laws in there. Actually, I don't remember seeing ANY. And so, I have decided to be in their face taking pictures the entire time they are here. That shouldn't be too obnoxious, should it?
  • We are going to the beach on Saturday. I am soooo excited to take our new camera and play around with it! I'm sure I'll be posting pictures on Sunday or Monday.

Well, that's about it for the randomly randomness here! I am way behind in my blog reading... and it's going to get worse with my in-laws here. If I don't swing around to say "Hi" in the next week, forgive me. I will still be posting though... they might be short posts, but I'm determined to win the duel!

12 comments:

Randi said...

ooooo Disneyland! We are thinking about doing that soon. It's been like 10 years since we've been there, and our kids can't even remember it!

I'm so glad you get to go! Kinda offsets the dentist. Maybe?

Yvonne said...

Sorry the experience with Little Bug's blanket was such a bad experience for both of you.

I hate the dentist--so if I say I feel your pain, I really do!!!

I love Disneyland--can't wait to see pictures ; )

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Yay for Disneyland! That's so exciting! You deserve a sweet treat like that. Hope the visit isn't too stressful!

Dedee said...

Good luck and have fun!!! Going to the dentist didn't used to bother me, but my last time there. . .Never mind. It wasn't bad, I've just changed.

I'm so excited on the Dinsneyland adventure. I think that's on our list of things to do soon. But not this year.

Anonymous said...

You're going to Disneyland? Can I come, too? I just posted about having DL withdrawals!

... said...

sounds like you're going to have a few perfect camera ops - disneyland, in-laws, beach. looking forward to the pics :]

Anonymous said...

Oooooh, what I wouldn't give to sleep in until 7:40.... Oh, the humanity!!! ***WEEPING***

***SOBBING***

***DRAPING ONTO THE FLOOR IN A HEAP***

***STILL SOBBING***

(Oh yeah, good luck still, on that duel thing. And thanks for letting me stay in the competition - that's very magnanimous of you. Considering you could have just declared yourself the winner, like, before it even really began. LOL!) ;)

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

I used to have to wash J's blanket when he was gone somewhere else.

I miss the beach. A lot.

Nancy Face said...

I feel your pain with the dentist thing...I have really weak teeth, and I'm not kidding when I say I have more fillings than I do teeth!

I also have to coax Zach out of bed for school...but on days off, he's up early playing Wii! Go figure. :S

I would SOOO love to partay at Disneyland with you! Have a wonderful time! :D

Tonya said...

Very cool about Disneyland and the beach. Sounds like you are set to have a great visit. Enjoy and I look forward to pictures.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Yay about Disneyland! Have fun.

wynne said...

Disneyland and the beach...aaaaahhh...
*almost* worth going to the dentist for...