Saturday, January 19, 2008

Misconception
I used to believe that canning jars were for... well... canning. Peaches, beans, applesauce, pears, and tomatoes are a few things that I have filled my bottles with in the past. That was all well and good, but the other day I learned that I was misusing those jars! Canning jars were made SOLELY for the purpose of being vases for Gerber Daisies. There is no other reason. None whatsoever! The canning jar is the PERFECT vase for these lovelies...Who needs to put food in a jar like this, when you can have such beautiful flora in there instead?Oh, and the fact that I love Gerber Daisies more than any other flower on the planet has nothing to do with it... nothing at all...
Do you think it would be a little overboard to fill my 100+ canning jars with daisies??

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not at all. You're absolutely right. Seeing them in those photos, I can imagine no other purpose for those jars.

Can away!!!

J. said...

I love gerber daisy's and I think your idea is grand!!! You could fill your whole house with gerber daisy canning jar happiness :)

yvonne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yvonne said...

Sorry, Melissa, that previous comment was me--I only use that account when I comment on my son's blog.

My daughter, Heidi, loves Gerber daisies, too. I love all the colors you can find--they are so bright and make you feel so good.

I would love you to post a piciture of your 100 jars with the Gerber daisies.

Carrot Jello said...

They're actually made for button colleactions, but...whatever.

Carrot Jello said...

or button collections.
I know how to spell.
Yes I do
do too

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Freak. E. They're my favourite flower too! Such lovely pictures of them!

... said...

those are truly beautiful. i've never heard of gerber daisies but i can see why they're your favorite. and they look perfect in the canning jars.

Tammy and Parker said...

I LOVE Gerber Daisies too!


Tammy and Parker

Unknown said...

looks cool :)

but i think they would taste nasty if you canned them. tee hee

ps. having fun listening to your playlist

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

They're gorgeous. I picked up some tulips at the store this week and they look so springy on my table.

Anonymous said...

I think jars and daisies go so well together. It makes you think of a country cottage.

Tonya said...

Very pretty indeed. I'm ready for some flowers around here. Enough winter already.

wynne said...

Finally someone found the perfect use for canning jars! I mean, actually canning and putting food in them...how blase...(anyone know how to get that lil' accent thingy on my e? That drives me crazy...)

Nancy Face said...

LOVE IT! Those hot pink Gerber Daisies are exactly what Lauren wants for her wedding some day...mixed with roses! :D

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Gerber daisies belong in Gerber baby food jars.

I'm thinking of planting some Gerber daisies this year and your hot pink ones have really inspired me!

Busy Bee Lauren said...

They are amazingly gorgeous! I want hot pink Gerber daisies like those in my wedding bouquet when I get married.