Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I've been thinking about going back to school. I don't know what I would take though. I just want to take a class here and there. Not necessairly get a degree. There is a community college close by. I have checked into their classes and there are a few that I would like to take. But it's hard. Does anyone else have a hard time spending money on themselves? I can spend like crazy for my kids or my dh... but when it comes to putting down some cold hard cash for myself, it's almost impossible! I can't remember the last item of clothing that I bought that wasn't at a yard sale, a second hand store, or on clearance at Wal-Mart. I guess it goes hand in hand with what I was talking about before. I don't spend enough time or money on myself. I have put myself last for so long that I'm not sure how to change that. Maybe I'll go to the mall and splurge... one of these days :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Melissa! Love your blog. Thanks for letting me in on your secret!! About going back to school...I am taking my first ever college course right now. It's an online speech class. And yes, it was hard to spend that money on myself. I felt so guilty telling my husband that we won't be skiing this month because we had to pay for school. But while I am spending this on myself, I try to look how this will also bless my family. Eventually, I'll get a degree and work part time so that my dh only has to work one job. And that will be a happy day!!! Also, remember what the church says about education---it's one of the few things worth going into debt for. And knowledge is one of the only things we can take with us after this life. So go for it!!! It's not easy, but it's kinda cool to tell the kids, "I'll do my homework while you do yours!" And it feels good to do something good for my brain which will rot in a pile of laundry if I don't act fast!