Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Good morning again :) What a day we had yesterday. I had sick kids and was not feeling well myself. I know, poor me. It is hard when my 6 year old is sick though. He has autism and can not talk yet. He had really high fevers - which can indicate all sorts of problems. We have no idea what is wrong. It is one thing to have a child that can say "My ______ hurts", but it's a totally different story with my son, J. It's almost like still having an infant. But he is an amazing kid. His smile lights up a room. When he was little, everyone said he looked like a Precious Moments doll. I know every parent says their child is adorable, but he really did look like one of the Precious moment kids. I love my kids. There are times when they make me scream, but I do love them so much. I remember a friend took off for a week. Her kids stayed home with Dad and other family. When she came back she told me that she could now be a better mom. I didn't understand at the time, but I'm starting to. I am like every other mom out there - kids first always. And that is the way it should be. But, that doesn't mean I should be neglectful of myself. It's a hard thing to remember. And and even harder thing to do. I always tell myself, "Maybe tomorrow or next week or when the kids get older". But, I've decided to take a day off. We are going to Idaho for Thanksgiving. My dh is going to take the kids to his parents house and I'm going to go stay with my family for a night. I know it's just one night, but it will be a wonderful night! We are going to watch movies that night and then be totally insane and drag ourselves out of bed the next day to shop till we drop at 5 am! I think we are going to go out for breakfast and lunch. I love to shop and I love finding a good deal. I'm not one to draw blood for that last Barbie on the shelf though. Not cut-throat. Just enjoy getting out! Wish me luck :)

No comments: