Tuesday, January 02, 2007

WHEW!
I did it! For the first time in my life, I set a New Year's Resolution and I accomplished it. In January of 2006 I set a goal to read the Old Testament cover to cover. Something I had never done. I usually just read the chapters that were going to be discussed in Sunday School or other classes I was taking. But, this year I finished it! I read the last chapters on Sunday evening. It was a great experience for me. I am going to read the New Testament this year. It will not be quite as daunting, but just as rewarding. Last year I had to read about 3 pages each day. This year it's 1.2 Which isn't even a full chapter most of the time. I read my first chapter last night. I wanted to keep reading. I am excited. Maybe I'll read it two times :) Most of my resolutions fall by the way as I move through the year. This is one that I am going to keep!

No comments: