Saturday, January 20, 2007

Okay - I've been tagged by Ranae to list 6 weird things about myself... I'm supposed to tag 6 other people on their blogs... but I'm afraid that will have to wait. 2 of the people whose blogs I read (RaNae and Shirlee) have already been tagged. And the other blogs... well... I'm still lurking. And I'm not sure that the weirdness tag will be the best way to introduce myself... :) But, for your enjoyment, I present:
6 Weird Things About Me

6 - I love to sew quilt tops, but I hate to actually quilt them. I have made probably 15 tops... probably more. I sold 4 at a yard sale last summer because they had been sitting in a box forever. I have another one in a box right now... just waiting for someone to make it into a beautifully quilted blanket. But, it probably won't happen!

5 - I like snakes, lizards, bats, frogs, turtles... if hubby would let me, I would have one of these creatures as a pet, but that's not going to happen in this lifetime!

4 - I collect fabric. I have a big ol' stash in my closet. Hey - you never know when you'll need to throw together a quilt top!

3 - I love things covered in chocolate, but I'm not very fond of chocolate by itself. I'll take chocolate covered raisins, almonds, caramels, strawberries... you name it. But, I don't like to eat plain chocolate.

2 - I'm super paranoid about the Internet. I have a hard time sharing personal information online. I try not to use real names or actual locations, unless I'm ordering something, of course. I don't think that UPS would ship something to:
Baby Girl
Southern California

1 - I can't spend money on myself. I have no problem buying things for the kids or for hubby, but I have a hard time doing it for myself. My mom and I went out clothes shopping one evening. We went ALL over town!! I don't remember how many stores we went into or how many things I tried on. I came home with pajamas for baby girl and some milk. I can't remember the last item of clothing that I bought new for myself. Usually I get things for me at garage sales or second hand stores. And even then, if it's more than $5, I just can't do it!

Well, there you have it. There are a TON more weird things, but it's late. I'm tired. The sun has gone to bed and so must I ... good bye!

4 comments:

RaNae @EweCreekCottage said...

So glad you played along Mel. And imho u can not be too careful on the internet... a little paranoya can be a good thing in this instance. That is funny bout the chocolate.
R

Anonymous said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! Do it more often. My Mom collects fabric too! And I can ditto you on the chocolate thing. Welcome to the blogger world!

Shirlee said...

Hey, I was going to tag you but I forgot, glad RaNae did so we could see how weird you are. Your NOT at all, except for the snake thing...shiver. I had a bad experience with one as a kid and now I'm scarred for life LOL.
I'm the same way with the shopping, I hate shopping for myself and only do it when absolutely necessary. :)

Melissa said...

RaNae - it was fun to think about all of my weirdness... :) I had tons more that I could have written...lol...

Lee - thanks for stopping by! I'm having fun with the blog and I'm glad I'm not the only one with the chocolate thing!

Shirlee - my sister had a bad experience with a snake as a kid too... neighbor kid tried to put it down her shirt. I think she still has nightmares about it!!