Thursday, January 04, 2007

Charlotte's Web

This is my cutie bug! He is the middle child and can bring a smile to my face at a moments notice. I have talked about him before. He has autism. We had a really neat experience over the holidays with him. We took the family to see Charlotte's Web (which, by the way, was awesome!!). Now sometimes, not always, my cutie bug will laugh at the sad parts and cry when something was supposed to be humorous. I don't think I have ever seen him cry at a sad part, till this movie. I don't know anyone who doesn't cry when Charlotte dies. But, I didn't expect my little bug to bury his head in his hands and sob. He cried and cried. Now, I was already a little weepy, who isn't at that part, but to see my little man cry brought on a whole new wave of emotions. It broke my heart for him on one hand. On another hand, this was a new thing for him. It was appropriate for him to cry and that filled my heart with the most amazing joy! I can't even describe it. Now I have a dilemma. When the movie comes out on DVD, should I get it? It was a wonderful show and I enjoyed it a lot. But I don't know if I can watch his heart break like that again! I guess we will make that judgment call in a few months. For now, I will be excited about the latest little step!

4 comments:

Shirlee said...

I may have mentioned this before but my 14 yr old is autistic too. I can totally relate to what you are saying.
I've never seen Charlotte's web. Cass really wants to see this new version so we'll probably buy the DVD and I'll finally get to see it.
I've been changing out some things on my blog. I've got a new name and url. I think I have yours listed, I'll have to double check. Go ahead and link me :)

Melissa said...

Shirlee - what is your new url? I would love to put it on here... :)
You have told me about Cass before. I'm still so awestruck that you homeschool. You are an awesome lady!

RaNae @EweCreekCottage said...

WOW that is awesome. I am glad for this new and appropriate progression this is just fantastic.

I can't wait to see the movie.
RaNae

Melissa said...

RaNae - the movie was SOOO cute! I really loved it! And I didn't realize how many big names were in this movie... Julia Roberts, Robert Redford, Oprah, Cedric the Entertainer, Reba McIntyer (sp??) and of course the adorable Dakota Fanning... very fun movie :)