Tuesday, December 12, 2006


Digital Photos
I love to take pictures. I have a Canon Rebel SLR that is a really great camera. I like to take it on trips or to school events or just snap shots around the house. The problem is that I never get the photos developed. I have lots of undeveloped rolls of film lying around the house. I'm sure that some of them got lost in the move :S This is one of the many reasons I love our digital camera. First of all, I can print out whatever pictures I want. Second, I don't feel bad taking pictures like this one. I never would have taken this picture with my regular camera. It would have felt wasteful (not sure why since I never develop the pictures...). But now, I can take pictures of whatever I want and if I don't like them, I delete them. I especially love to play with the colors in the picture. I have pictures of sand, these beans, my parents kitchen floor... all kinds of odd little things. And I love it! I love the way they turn out. Someday I might even print these strange photos and make a display with them. Or, they might just sit on my computer, kind of like the rolls of film that sit in my closet!

2 comments:

Shirlee said...

Before digital cameras I too had rolls of film lying around in drawers. I wish we had a better digi but I love that you can delete pics right off the camera and "play" with the pictures in a photo program.

RaNae @EweCreekCottage said...

We got a new digi this week and I had been in technical oveload - partly why I've been MIA. anyways I'm looking forward to playing with it. I love the bean pic btw and your so right about the feeling wasteful thing the day before doug said we were getting a new camera I had taken a roll of pics of stuff around the house paid 4$ for it to be developed onto a disc and I don't think I really like any of the pics LOL
RaNae