Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Stupid
Have you ever looked at something and thought... "Hey, I bet I could do that!" and then when you actually TRIED to do that thing you realized it was much MUCH harder than it looked. Yeah. Case in point:
This is Baby Girl.

Please notice her lovely golden hair. I am not sure what possessed me... you see, I cut all the boys' hair the other day. No big deal - I just take the razor and buzz them. Easy as pie (well, except for Little Bug... but that's another post for another day). Baby Girl came and said she wanted her hair cut. I told her we could take her to have it cut. But that's not what she wanted. She wanted ME to do it. And, in my disillusioned state I thought, "That shouldn't be too hard... "
FAMOUS LAST WORDS!
She wanted it just a little bit shorter. So I cut a tiny bit off and realized that the sides were uneven. So, I cut a little more... now the sides were even, but the back was longer than the sides. I kept snipping and cutting. At one point I told her I had to cut a little more off and she burst into tears.
"Mom, if you keep cutting, I'll be a BOY!!"
I admit that tears welled up in my eyes... what had I done??
I trimmed and evened things out, but it's short. A lot shorter than what she had told me she wanted. And the back? It's still longer than the front, but I don't dare try to fix it...
See all those fun little jagged edges? Yeah... sigh... she doesn't hold still and I don't know what I'm doing. Bad combo...
I curled it this last Sunday to hide all the mistakes... you can see from this picture that the sides are a lot shorter... I've given my child the "wedge" haircut from the 70's. Think Dorothy Hamill sans bangs.
She's still my little cutie but I really hate what I've done to her hair! Sigh. It's a good thing it will grow back...

10 comments:

Adena and Greg said...

I've recently been thinking I could cut Tawny's hair when it needs to be cut...on second thought I don't think I will. It's not bad, but if you really hate it you could take her in and have them fix it. But the only cut it shorter. Maybe letting grow out is your best bet.

don't worry. She's still adorable. And you can tell Emma that Brayden likes it. He thinks i should cut my hair just like hers!

flip flop mama said...

It doesn't look too bad! This reminded me of when my sister asked me to cut her hair. I had never cut hair before and I did the EXACT same thing. It all turned out alright in the end. It will grow back and then you can have someone even it out.

Kristina P. said...

I think she still looks adorable!

Nancy Face said...

But she's still smiling! :)

Baby Girl is sooo cute! :)

i said...

better than i can do. i even mess up boy haircuts. you should see the quarter size bald spot on my boy's head. pathetic...but yours...great!

Yvonne said...

I think she looks adorable and VERY HAPPY ; )

Jean Knee said...

I like it. That whispy uneven look is very tres-chic

Cynthia said...

I made the same mistake with both toddlers:P What was I thinking? You are right, thank goodness it grows fast:)

... said...

i would have never have dared to attempt such a thing. i can't even cut my own bangs straight.

i think it looks cute.

Kris said...

It looks great!! She looks like she likes it too!