Ready for more randomness... no? Too bad! It's another random post for the day... if you want to read something meaningful, go back and read the post before this one!
- Where did June go? I kept looking at my calendar today thinking it was the twenty-something of June... who gave permission for it to be July? I'd really like to know! I feel like I blinked and missed an entire month.
- We have cabin fever. I know most people get this in the winter, but it was 117 here today. It was 118 yesterday. It's supposed to be 116 tomorrow and the day after that. So, we are hiding in our house. And the kids? They are going crazy. And the mom? She is going crazier. Help us!
- I just finished a book called "The Door Within" and I really liked it. It reminded me of C.S. Lewis - very allegorical. Lots of adventure. Lots of fun. And a good message.
- Little Bug is still awake. It's after 10. The kid just doesn't believe in sleep. He was up till after 11 last night and the night before. I think I need more Burnt Almond Fudge ice cream while I wait for him to drift off...
- Baby Girl watched one of the Barbie Princess movies today. She sighed and mooned over the Prince and I wondered if these movies are going to give her unrealistic views of romance and relationships. Then I decided that I would work on that tomorrow and let her watch another one (remember - 117 degrees outside...)
- I'm exhausted. Hubby was gone for a week before we went on our trip. I don't sleep when he's gone. I toss and turn and let me overactive imagination take over. Then we went on our trip and I slept in the same room as Baby Girl. The same Baby Girl who talks and grinds her teeth in her sleep. I didn't sleep for 2 weeks. Can you catch up on sleep? Or will I just be deprived forever?
- My brother took this picture. I wonder if this is what I'll look like when I'm a ghost? He was going to show me how to play with the shutter speed and aperture and all that good stuff, but we ran out of time. He might come with my parents for a visit this fall. If he does, I'll have to make sure he teaches me a few things...