Wednesday, September 26, 2007

My Mom Can Beat Up Your Mom
Okay, so maybe my Mom can't really beat up your mom... but my Mom is AWESOME! They are coming to visit in about a week and I am so excited I can hardly stand it! There will be trips to the beach and San Diego. Lots of good food and games. Baby Girl's birthday is in the mix. AND... to top it all off... I talked my Mom into teaching a class that I was going to try and do! OH YEAH! Actually, I didn't have to do a lot of talking. We are learning about storing food in our homes in case of emergencies and one of the things we store is wheat. Not wheat flour, just plain old wheat. Some people have wheat grinders so that they can make their own flour, but some people don't. So, we are having a class on what to do with your wheat if you don't have a grinder! We're going to talk about sprouting and wheat berries (boil the wheat till it's soft... it tastes a lot like brown rice to me). I was going to gather info and try to teach it myself, but my Mom's already taught a class like this. I told her about it and said, "Would you like to teach it while you're here?" I figured she would laugh at me, but she said yes! I am so excited! It's gonna be awesome!!! Sigh... I love my Mom!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

O I'm so glad for you, and your mom.
Cheers

Yvonne said...

That is so great that your folks are going to visit. (I love when I get to go and visit my kids) I think it's pretty wonderful that your mom is going to teach the class for you--I wish I was there. I have a grinder, but I'm terrible at using my wheat!!!

Anonymous said...

That's great that she wants to help you out. Your Mom is awesome!

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

You know, maybe it's our mom's that are long lost twins. Yours sounds almost as awesome as mine!

Randi said...

FUN! Hey- let me know where I can get those recipes. I've got a basement of wheat and no grinder.

Nancy Face said...

That's so wonderful! I probably would be friends with your mom if I met her...I am quite the food storage queen! :D

wynne said...

Would your mother mind beating up my mother? How big is your mom? (Mine isn't so small, and she's a bit hyper.)

And could we sell tickets?

And should we get a big container of mud, or jello?

Are you sure your mom is up to this?

I'm gonna go get my camera...

... said...

where would such a class be taught? church? a community class? sounds interesting - kinda =]